Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically your boy had sick gcses( like bare A*'s) but bombed out at A levels so your boy had to settle for a dead university. Speaking to people they seem to be surprised by the uni i'm when I tell them my Gcses. Many of them got only like a few A's at best. I don't want to sound arrogant but i'm considering dropping out and retaking my A-Levels as I feel I should be at a better uni than this with more academic people. Am I being arrogant (since I did bomb my final year of A levels) or is it perfectly reasonable to feel like this. I'm 100% sure If I retook I would get much improved grades

ReputationRep:
    If you completely messed up but you know you can do a lot better then it may be worth retaking.
    But let's put this into context(okay, I'm only year12, but hear me out): how well is well? And how badly is bombed?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedUnicorn)
    If you completely messed up but you know you can do a lot better then it may be worth retaking.
    But let's put this into context(okay, I'm only year12, but hear me out): how well is well? And how badly is bombed?
    My Gcses I got 6A*5As, my A Levels I got BCD

ReputationRep:
    yh u r

Spoiler:
    Show

and ur not my boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soIiIoquy)
    yh u r

Spoiler:
    Show

and ur not my boy.

Banter, you'll regret that when I get my 3A*'s. We'll see you who your boy is then

ReputationRep:
    I've been called arrogant by my tutor, teacher, mom, dad, my (used to be) friend- but F all of them, I'm always right, they're wrong

ReputationRep:
    if you think you can do better then retake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _princessxox)
    if you think you can do better then retake
    My G spitting truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HusseinHussein)
    My Gcses I got 6A*5As, my A Levels I got BCD
    Ngl that's a bit of a drop man. I'd retake esp if you want to get into competitive unis.
    I could totally wreck you in terms of GCSEs, lucky I'm definitely not arrogant :P
    Good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    Basically your boy had sick gcses( like bare A*'s) but bombed out at A levels so your boy had to settle for a dead university. Speaking to people they seem to be surprised by the uni i'm when I tell them my Gcses. Many of them got only like a few A's at best. I don't want to sound arrogant but i'm considering dropping out and retaking my A-Levels as I feel I should be at a better uni than this with more academic people. Am I being arrogant (since I did bomb my final year of A levels) or is it perfectly reasonable to feel like this. I'm 100% sure If I retook I would get much improved grades
    Are you being arrogant? Sure. I mean, A-Levels are a test of your commitment and memory, more so than a test of your intelligence. Natural intelligence like you had at GCSE may be a good starting point, but it won't get you good A-Level grades. Hard work will.

Your call. Don't assume it'll be an easy ride.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't repeat whatever mistakes you made last time and do the A Levels again, that's what I would do in your shoes.

Arrogance, maybe, screw what other people think though, no one is going to give you a well paid job on a plate. Get stuck in.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a ********
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Nah mate f*** what people say. You know you could of done much better than that so yeah I'd suggest you get a first class during your current year at your uni and then try to transfer to another uni if that's what you want.

ReputationRep:

You... Know that you could finish out the year and switch universities with your improved grades, right?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You won't get funding for A Levels as you've already done them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I know plenty of people who had that kind of drop, it's not uncommon, just accept it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to you should. But A-levels are a massive step up from GCSE which would probably explain why you didn't do so well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    I know plenty of people who had that kind of drop, it's not uncommon, just accept it and move on.
    I will never accept it, in life we face obstacles it is until you overcome those obstacles then you can call yourself a real man. That's my nindo my ninja way. GIVE UP ON ME GIVING UP

ReputationRep:
    Banter, you'll regret that when I get my 3A*'s. We'll see you who your boy is then
    hmm banter

ReputationRep:
    Aye you are a complete jokeman lool

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.