Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically your boy had sick gcses( like bare A*'s) but bombed out at A levels so your boy had to settle for a dead university. Speaking to people they seem to be surprised by the uni i'm when I tell them my Gcses. Many of them got only like a few A's at best. I don't want to sound arrogant but i'm considering dropping out and retaking my A-Levels as I feel I should be at a better uni than this with more academic people. Am I being arrogant (since I did bomb my final year of A levels) or is it perfectly reasonable to feel like this. I'm 100% sure If I retook I would get much improved grades

ReputationRep:
    If you completely messed up but you know you can do a lot better then it may be worth retaking.
    But let's put this into context(okay, I'm only year12, but hear me out): how well is well? And how badly is bombed?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedUnicorn)
    If you completely messed up but you know you can do a lot better then it may be worth retaking.
    But let's put this into context(okay, I'm only year12, but hear me out): how well is well? And how badly is bombed?
    My Gcses I got 6A*5As, my A Levels I got BCD

ReputationRep:
    yh u r

Spoiler:
    Show

and ur not my boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soIiIoquy)
    yh u r

Spoiler:
    Show

and ur not my boy.

Banter, you'll regret that when I get my 3A*'s. We'll see you who your boy is then

ReputationRep:
    I've been called arrogant by my tutor, teacher, mom, dad, my (used to be) friend- but F all of them, I'm always right, they're wrong

ReputationRep:
    if you think you can do better then retake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _princessxox)
    if you think you can do better then retake
    My G spitting truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HusseinHussein)
    My Gcses I got 6A*5As, my A Levels I got BCD
    Ngl that's a bit of a drop man. I'd retake esp if you want to get into competitive unis.
    I could totally wreck you in terms of GCSEs, lucky I'm definitely not arrogant :P
    Good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    Basically your boy had sick gcses( like bare A*'s) but bombed out at A levels so your boy had to settle for a dead university. Speaking to people they seem to be surprised by the uni i'm when I tell them my Gcses. Many of them got only like a few A's at best. I don't want to sound arrogant but i'm considering dropping out and retaking my A-Levels as I feel I should be at a better uni than this with more academic people. Am I being arrogant (since I did bomb my final year of A levels) or is it perfectly reasonable to feel like this. I'm 100% sure If I retook I would get much improved grades
    Are you being arrogant? Sure. I mean, A-Levels are a test of your commitment and memory, more so than a test of your intelligence. Natural intelligence like you had at GCSE may be a good starting point, but it won't get you good A-Level grades. Hard work will.

Your call. Don't assume it'll be an easy ride.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't repeat whatever mistakes you made last time and do the A Levels again, that's what I would do in your shoes.

Arrogance, maybe, screw what other people think though, no one is going to give you a well paid job on a plate. Get stuck in.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a ********
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate f*** what people say. You know you could of done much better than that so yeah I'd suggest you get a first class during your current year at your uni and then try to transfer to another uni if that's what you want.

ReputationRep:

You... Know that you could finish out the year and switch universities with your improved grades, right?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    You won't get funding for A Levels as you've already done them.

ReputationRep:
    I know plenty of people who had that kind of drop, it's not uncommon, just accept it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to you should. But A-levels are a massive step up from GCSE which would probably explain why you didn't do so well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    I know plenty of people who had that kind of drop, it's not uncommon, just accept it and move on.
    I will never accept it, in life we face obstacles it is until you overcome those obstacles then you can call yourself a real man. That's my nindo my ninja way. GIVE UP ON ME GIVING UP

ReputationRep:
    Banter, you'll regret that when I get my 3A*'s. We'll see you who your boy is then
    hmm banter

ReputationRep:
    Aye you are a complete jokeman lool

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.