Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You're funny lmao but yeah you should deffo retake x

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs are nothing compared to A levels. Anyone of average intelligence could get a string of A*s at GCSE if they applied themselves a moderate amount

To be successful in A levels it requires a high degree of conscientiousness and a reasonable level of intelligence.

You sound like a case of the Dunning-Kruger effect. "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."

ReputationRep:
    Lol you sound like a arrogant boi who thinks he's too lit but only because you got great GCSE doesn't mean that you can succeed in A- levels
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soIiIoquy)
    yh u r

Spoiler:
    Show

and ur not my boy.

Leasrn to speak English you d**head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DYoverDX)
    **** off. JUST **** OFF you arrogant asshead.
    Oh that's mean. Im reporting you.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by HusseinHussein)
    Basically your boy had sick gcses( like bare A*'s) but bombed out at A levels so your boy had to settle for a dead university. Speaking to people they seem to be surprised by the uni i'm when I tell them my Gcses. Many of them got only like a few A's at best. I don't want to sound arrogant but i'm considering dropping out and retaking my A-Levels as I feel I should be at a better uni than this with more academic people. Am I being arrogant (since I did bomb my final year of A levels) or is it perfectly reasonable to feel like this. I'm 100% sure If I retook I would get much improved grades
    Different things.
    Are you an arrogant arse? Thats for other people to say.

Is it arrogant to feel you underperformed and could do better? No.

Its odd t mention what GCSE's you got. Cant remember ever having that conversation. A levels in the first week maybe, but never GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    If OP has finished his A-Levels, I'm an astronaut.

ReputationRep:
    Just get the degree... unless the career you want requires A levels to a certain standard then your degree will take precedence over any old school results when employers are looking at your CV later. If you really wanted you could probably just retake them alongside your current degree anyway as long as you are prepared to put in the effort, then maybe look to transfer uni later if it's so important.

ReputationRep:
    Resit if you have the cash.

ReputationRep:
    Leasrn to speak English you d**head
    learn some manners.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should maybe retake. I was in a similar situation to you at the end of year 12, i got really bad as levels, then worked hard and got similar a levels to you, but i didn't get as good gcses. i think you could probably do better, but it depends how you find the course you're doing, is it not challenging enough for you?

ReputationRep:
    learn some manners.
    Oh sorry, where you talking to me or yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry, where you talking to me or yourself?
    naa definitely you.

ur pathetic

ReputationRep:
    naa definitely you.

ur pathetic
    Oh ok. For a moment there I thought you were talking to me, but go ahead, carry on with your soliloquy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok. For a moment there I thought you were talking to me, but go ahead, carry on with your soliloquy.
    will do

ReputationRep:
    Resitting it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Different things.
    Are you an arrogant arse? Thats for other people to say.

Is it arrogant to feel you underperformed and could do better? No.

Its odd t mention what GCSE's you got. Cant remember ever having that conversation. A levels in the first week maybe, but never GCSEs.
    Mans been doing research ini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You won't get funding for A Levels as you've already done them.
    Why not? I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HusseinHussein)
    Basically your boy had sick gcses( like bare A*'s) but bombed out at A levels so your boy had to settle for a dead university. Speaking to people they seem to be surprised by the uni i'm when I tell them my Gcses. Many of them got only like a few A's at best. I don't want to sound arrogant but i'm considering dropping out and retaking my A-Levels as I feel I should be at a better uni than this with more academic people. Am I being arrogant (since I did bomb my final year of A levels) or is it perfectly reasonable to feel like this. I'm 100% sure If I retook I would get much improved grades
    Nobody cares, you're going to be normal, a corporate slave anyway, working 9 to 5 until retirement. Do you think default education from the system, designed to churn out employees will help you..They've got you thinking getting A* means your smart, in reality you're doing well at thinking inside the box. Whilst they're distracted C, D and E students are building multi million business and hire you guys directly from the factory to do the dirty work .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplens)
    Why not? I did.
    You only get one round of funding for further education, after that you have to pay for it yourself. They are some lower level education loans available but they aren't as flexible as the loans for uni. It may also be counted as income and have an knock on effect on your student loan next year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.