oral poison - specific body part damage?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is it possible for a poison taken orally to have an effect on only one small area of the body? for example a foot or hand or something? I mean I know poisons don't tend to affect the whole body equally but could someone engineer one to specifically target a certain area of their choosing? Like a foot poison.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it possible for a poison taken orally to have an effect on only one small area of the body? for example a foot or hand or something? I mean I know poisons don't tend to affect the whole body equally but could someone engineer one to specifically target a certain area of their choosing? Like a foot poison.
Theoretically I guess so. Or at least a solution with a specific disease or condition in it. Probably more difficult in practice than in theory though.
You're not an evil mastermind right? Please don't go poison feet.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kindred)
Theoretically I guess so. Or at least a solution with a specific disease or condition in it. Probably more difficult in practice than in theory though.
You're not an evil mastermind right? Please don't go poison feet.
I was thinking more like pills to attack healthy nerves or something but targeted. I don't suppose you know of a disease that could be "theoretically" given to someone to attack like a foot or hand or something?
Anonymous #1
Tried Google but nerve damage like I am theoretically thinking is more overuse than poison if targeted.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was thinking more like pills to attack healthy nerves or something but targeted. I don't suppose you know of a disease that could be "theoretically" given to someone to attack like a foot or hand or something?
I wonder if you could take targeted immune cells from people with a relevant AI condition and use those. Kinda like how vaccinations work, but evil. Imagine weaponised arthritis. That would be crazy.
We'll have mini robots we can programme to do that soon enough though I'm sure.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kindred)
I wonder if you could take targeted immune cells from people with a relevant AI condition and use those. Kinda like how vaccinations work, but evil. Imagine weaponised arthritis. That would be crazy.
We'll have mini robots we can programme to do that soon enough though I'm sure.
That's terrifying, but basically what I asked. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (552)
34.05%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (667)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (329)
20.3%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.5%

Watched Threads