Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

oral poison - specific body part damage? Watch

Is it possible for a poison taken orally to have an effect on only one small area of the body? for example a foot or hand or something? I mean I know poisons don't tend to affect the whole body equally but could someone engineer one to specifically target a certain area of their choosing? Like a foot poison.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it possible for a poison taken orally to have an effect on only one small area of the body? for example a foot or hand or something? I mean I know poisons don't tend to affect the whole body equally but could someone engineer one to specifically target a certain area of their choosing? Like a foot poison.
    Theoretically I guess so. Or at least a solution with a specific disease or condition in it. Probably more difficult in practice than in theory though.
    You're not an evil mastermind right? Please don't go poison feet.

(Original post by Kindred)
    Theoretically I guess so. Or at least a solution with a specific disease or condition in it. Probably more difficult in practice than in theory though.
    You're not an evil mastermind right? Please don't go poison feet.
    I was thinking more like pills to attack healthy nerves or something but targeted. I don't suppose you know of a disease that could be "theoretically" given to someone to attack like a foot or hand or something?

Tried Google but nerve damage like I am theoretically thinking is more overuse than poison if targeted.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was thinking more like pills to attack healthy nerves or something but targeted. I don't suppose you know of a disease that could be "theoretically" given to someone to attack like a foot or hand or something?
    I wonder if you could take targeted immune cells from people with a relevant AI condition and use those. Kinda like how vaccinations work, but evil. Imagine weaponised arthritis. That would be crazy.
    We'll have mini robots we can programme to do that soon enough though I'm sure.

(Original post by Kindred)
    I wonder if you could take targeted immune cells from people with a relevant AI condition and use those. Kinda like how vaccinations work, but evil. Imagine weaponised arthritis. That would be crazy.
    We'll have mini robots we can programme to do that soon enough though I'm sure.
    That's terrifying, but basically what I asked. Thanks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.