Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Compliments - ever had one that made you temporarily speechless? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Yes. Just a few days ago my friend called me a genius. I couldn't help but laugh at that statement and he was actually getting annoyed that I'm not "accepting" the fact I am a genius. I then said I don't consider myself to be one, as a genius would be someone exceptional, such as Elon Musk for example. My friend then said "If you're not exceptional, then I don't know who is."
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahhahahahahahahaha, that is funny, good one!

(Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Don’t get any compliments so no.
    I'll give you one: Damn Danial you're hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesH2017)
    I know it's a random question...

A few days ago I called my mobile phone provider to set up a new direct debit as I had changed banks...

When the person was waiting for the new direct debit to be authorised by my bank she said something like (I can't remember exact words as I was taken aback) please, I have to say that you have a very nice voice. It took me a few seconds to reply as I was quite surprised but I did manage to say Oh, thank you and then she proceeded to say that the new direct debit was set up etc etc...

It is not the first time I have been told that I have a 'nice' voice but I certainly did not expect to hear this in the type of conversation I was having. Please don't get me wrong - I admire the woman for veering away from a scripted interaction with a customer. I found it quite refreshing and it made me smile and boosted me a little.

So, how about you, with the compliment thing?
    Nothing like being told you look like the cousin or brother of someone you want to sleep with.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakey_99)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahhahahahahahahaha, that is funny, good one!
    I thought the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakey_99)

I'll give you one: Damn Danial you're hot
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Did the "girl" ever show you her 'hand'?
    Nope. I didn't want to give her my hand either.

ReputationRep:
    all compliments leave me temporarily speechless

ReputationRep:
    the thing with me is that im not very good at taking compliments. i just never know what to say to them, honestly!

this is a everyday situation, my boyfriend compliments me, be it my hair, clothes, smile etc etc, i just cant take it, like even when i say thank you, i sound so scared and confused.
    now i know your gonna say that is my bf so he will obvo compliment you, ffs he loves u.
    but even when older ppl compliment me, oml!

so say for eg
    im really good with keeping the house clean cause im really OCD but when some one is like 'good job!' or 'i wish my kids would so something like this.' i just freeze and as before when after 1000 years i manage to say thank you i sound so unappreciative.
    OH GOD HELP ME PLEASE!
    I know it's a random question...

A few days ago I called my mobile phone provider to set up a new direct debit as I had changed banks...

When the person was waiting for the new direct debit to be authorised by my bank she said something like (I can't remember exact words as I was taken aback) please, I have to say that you have a very nice voice. It took me a few seconds to reply as I was quite surprised but I did manage to say Oh, thank you and then she proceeded to say that the new direct debit was set up etc etc...

It is not the first time I have been told that I have a 'nice' voice but I certainly did not expect to hear this in the type of conversation I was having. Please don't get me wrong - I admire the woman for veering away from a scripted interaction with a customer. I found it quite refreshing and it made me smile and boosted me a little.

So, how about you, with the compliment thing?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, a girl once said to me that I look like a high end model, like the one's that work in london, it was surprizing because I though she didn't like me because I got the feeling that we never got along and then this, made my day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.