Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

LOL @ people who tan purposely/use fake tanner Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just convinced the vast majority of people who tan purposely hate the skin they were naturally born with and it's sad.
    I'm not sure when being pale became a bad or 'unhealthy' thing. I can understand getting a LITTLE color to even out uneven skin or hide imperfections from being outside while exercising or doing daily activities. Getting 10-15 minutes of sun exposure per day is healthy. I'm talking about people who purposely fry their skin and then say they're getting a 'healthy' tan when there is nothing healthy about it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvydna)
    I'm just convinced the vast majority of people who tan purposely hate the skin they were naturally born with and it's sad.
    I'm not sure when being pale became a bad or 'unhealthy' thing. I can understand getting a LITTLE color to even out uneven skin or hide imperfections from being outside while exercising or doing daily activities. Getting 10-15 minutes of sun exposure per day is healthy. I'm talking about people who purposely fry their skin and then say they're getting a 'healthy' tan when there is nothing healthy about it.
    Donald Trump knows best.

Between him and Mr Kim, they want to give lots of people permanent fake tans.

ReputationRep:
    lol Trump needs to stop with the fake tan and just go bald honestly.Then again, he wouldn't look like himself if he did.I despise any type of fake tanner honestly. What do you mean they wanna give people tons of fake tans? (Sorry, I'm dumb sometimes)

ReputationRep:
    I fake tan for special occasions, u mad?

ReputationRep:
    lol Trump needs to stop with the fake tan and just go bald honestly.Then again, he wouldn't look like himself if he did.I despise any type of fake tanner honestly. What do you mean they wanna give people tons of fake tans? (Sorry, I'm dumb sometimes)
    Think he's referring to nuclear war lol
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I had this girl classmate who was pale and platinum blonde and when she faked tanned it was a complete disaster...but hey whatever makes people happy

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it's not even fake tan , It's simply black face smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    Sometimes it's not even fake tan , It's simply black face smh
    😂 I know ppl who fake tan who end up darker than me 😨

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Your natural complexion is beautiful dear. Because it suits you. Most people look best with the complexion they were born with.
    Pale people usually look better more or less pale with just a hint of sun from being outside like a normal person. Blondes especially look WEIRD when they're DEEP tanned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I had this girl classmate who was pale and platinum blonde and when she faked tanned it was a complete disaster...but hey whatever makes people happy
    I don't know how people think that crap is attractive.
    Blondes and especially redheads look wayyy better pale.
    Only darker haired people can pull off tanned skin for the most part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spidle)
    Think he's referring to nuclear war lol
    I thought so but I wasn't sure looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    You gay brah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    They need to get a life :/

ReputationRep:
    Orange faces do not impress me at all. TOWIE has a lot to answer for.

ReputationRep:
    You gay brah.
    Is going gay as simple as slapping some fake tan on, these days? It used to mean you f*** men in the bum
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Is going gay as simple as slapping some fake tan on, these days? It used to mean you f*** men in the bum
    A wee dash of colour is a must

My gf actively encourages me to use tinted moisturiser but I decline that offer. Just a wee touch of fake tan to given an even skin tone and hide redness.

In summer, apply a bit more. Never need to go anywheere near 'orange' nor 'dark'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    A wee dash of colour is a must

My gf actively encourages me to use tinted moisturiser but I decline that offer. Just a wee touch of fake tan to given an even skin tone and hide redness.

In summer, apply a bit more. Never need to go anywheere near 'orange' nor 'dark'
    Yeah, I mean, generally, if people can tell your tan is fake you're doing it wrong :lol: If I'm wearing tan people often ask if I've been on holiday or sunbeds, suppose I'm sorta lucky that it seems to work well with my skin tone though cause my sis uses the same stuff and she looks a bit orange
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I mean, generally, if people can tell your tan is fake you're doing it wrong :lol: If I'm wearing tan people often ask if I've been on holiday or sunbeds, suppose I'm sorta lucky that it seems to work well with my skin tone though cause my sis uses the same stuff and she looks a bit orange
    Correct.
    I went too far at one point and people just said 'you've been going on too many sunbeds/where have you been on holiday?' But never looked 'Orange'.

Girls are quite funny about it I find as they quiz anyone they think has been on sunbeds/fake tan yet if you held a traditional viewpoint ie 'all those products are for women' they'd say 'guys can use them too, they should more often'. Such a contradiction

ReputationRep:
    Unconscionably mad :angry::angry:

ReputationRep:
    I bet you look sexy asf as a pasty man!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.