Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Couldn’t see a thread for this so I thought I’d create one! Wishing everyone the best of luck now the wait begins scared as to find out in 15 DAYS!

ReputationRep:
    I think it will take them longer to reply because they shortlist for medicine

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the last date you can be interviewed? They say March but it isnt very specific!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_Mac1)
    Does anyone know the last date you can be interviewed? They say March but it isnt very specific!
    I think it's really specific depending on the course, for medicine look online at their documents etc and they will have the month not sure about date tho
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm trying to find the ones I've applied to because I'm trying to organise a trip to visit my friend in Canada during her Recess but theres little information on their documents!Happen to know anything about Birmingham, Queen Mary (St Barts), Warrick and Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    You reckon they’ll get back to us by next week? Seeing as they said they’ll let us know in 2 weeks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ain0208)
    You reckon they’ll get back to us by next week? Seeing as they said they’ll let us know in 2 weeks??
    I have no idea! Judging from last years thread it was the end of November when they found out, but hopefully it doesn’t take that long

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham interviews are structured like this:First round - done in December (so you’ll hear from them in November)They then have a second round of interviews in Janurary - and you usuallyHear about those in December. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    they don't send our UKCAT to the unis until the first week of December, so they still have to consider that with our application, so I'm guessing anytime from late Nov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    they don't send our UKCAT to the unis until the first week of December, so they still have to consider that with our application, so I'm guessing anytime from late Nov
    Birmingham don’t look at UKCAT - so that’s why they respond earlier than other universities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ain0208)
    No chance, they usually take way over the 15 days they mention in the email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_Mac1)
    Birmingham don’t look at UKCAT - so that’s why they respond earlier than other universities
    oh I see, I didn't realise, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys Has anyone heard back ? And if not, when do you think the first round of interviews will be ?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to birmingham with a low 2.1 Biomed (63%), Merit MSc Biomed Blood Science and PhD cardiovascular Science (Pending)

I have done UKCAT since i have also applied to ukcat unis. SJT band 3, ukcat average 685.

what are my chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MZI3)
    I applied to birmingham with a low 2.1 Biomed (63%), Merit MSc Biomed Blood Science and PhD cardiovascular Science (Pending)

I have done UKCAT since i have also applied to ukcat unis. SJT band 3, ukcat average 685.

what are my chances?
    The UKCAT is not considered for graduate entry medicine at Birmingham additionally, the low 2.1 might make it a little bit difficult. above 65% seems more realistic but, it depends if they consider the post graduate qualification. If there is someone who goes there in your position it may might be motivating but you probably have to ask around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kst1227)
    Hi guys Has anyone heard back ? And if not, when do you think the first round of interviews will be ?
    I received an email saying " interview dates are spread
    over the coming months starting in December and ending in February 2018 " and also "Applicants who will be
    invited to interview in December will hear from us within the next three to four weeks (if they haven't already)". Some people may have interviews already but i'm sure some one would have said if they did by now so i reckon by the end of November a few people will be invited.

ReputationRep:
    I just got an interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MZI3)

what are my chances?
    I personally went to see the admissions guy as I do my PhD at their med school atm about this and he said a phd or masters will not factor into the admissions process at all and cannot be in place of something else they require I know it sucks as I had 63% too so chose not to apply

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview!!!

ReputationRep:
    Me too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.