Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The TSR mixtape challenge Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You may have done mixtapes before to find new music, but it's time to bring that online.

The Rules:
    - Create a mixtape (no more than half hour running time) showcasing your favourite music (Suggesting that you try for less well known artists to help people find new bands)
    - Post it in here with a short explanation of your playlist (e.g. dominant genre or theme)
    - Listen to other people's playlists and post your thoughts on them
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Here's one I made earlier. :flute: All anime themes though, so likely to be of niche interest.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    As anyone who understands my username could guess, Punks not dead. Much as I could have just put the album Fresh Fruit For Rotten Vegetables by Dead Kennedys, Inflammable Material by SLF or Recipe For Hate by Bad Religion and have been done with it (honestly the three best punk albums ever put to record, you should own a copy of each), I've tried to vary it up and go away from the biggest names a bit. Also, the leftover crack song I wanted isn't available on spotify

ReputationRep:
    Good idea for a thread, it could work if there were some rules applied.

- A limit to tracks/playing time. Say no longer than 30 minutes/no more than ten tracks, whichever is exceeded first
    - Declare the genre of your mixtape when posting, so that people can choose one which is more likely to be something they like
    - You must listen to someone else's mixtape before posting your own, otherwise we will just have people posting their mixtapes with no feedback provided for other people's posts
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Good idea for a thread, it could work if there were some rules applied.

- A limit to tracks/playing time. Say no longer than 30 minutes/no more than ten tracks, whichever is exceeded first
    - Declare the genre of your mixtape when posting, so that people can choose one which is more likely to be something they like
    - You must listen to someone else's mixtape before posting your own, otherwise we will just have people posting their mixtapes with no feedback provided for other people's posts
    Good suggestions, I'll put them in the op
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanna start then?

I can't listen to yours SLF because I don't have Spotify. And I'll be honest I didn't listen to the other one posted because it is a bit long.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.