The Student Room Group

Does this sound like she likes me?

I'm at uni and there's a girl who goes to the same society as me. She always comes up to me and starts talking, I always have her laughing and we get on really well. When there's a social on she always asks me if I'm going. She talks to me more than most of the people at the society even though she's known a lot of them for longer than she's known me. However she is a friendly person in general though so I don't know if she's just being nice. What do you think? Does it sound like she likes me from what I've written?
Reply 1
Potentially, yes.

Ask her out so it'll be a 1 on 1 situation and take it from there.

Make sure you find out if she's got a partner or not first, though.
Original post by michael1010
I'm at uni and there's a girl who goes to the same society as me. She always comes up to me and starts talking, I always have her laughing and we get on really well. When there's a social on she always asks me if I'm going. She talks to me more than most of the people at the society even though she's known a lot of them for longer than she's known me. However she is a friendly person in general though so I don't know if she's just being nice. What do you think? Does it sound like she likes me from what I've written?

I'm afraid there are only three ways of finding out.

1. The Year 8 method where you get one of your friends to ask one of her friends. But I mean, really.

2. You both get wasted and see if she wants to make out.

3. You spend a lot of time messaging one another about inane things and then at some point awkwardly ask if she wants to go on a date.

I mean, really, it's no surprise that we don't have peace in the Middle East or agreement on fossil fuels when as a species we can't even do this any better.
Reply 3
Original post by utr
Potentially, yes.

Ask her out so it'll be a 1 on 1 situation and take it from there.

Make sure you find out if she's got a partner or not first, though.

I know she is single so that isn't a problem. The only issue I have is if I ask her out for a drink and she says no, I don't want things to become awkward between us since I really like talking to her. Do you think things would become awkward if she says no or so you think we'll both just act like it never happened next time we see each other?
Reply 4
I know she is single so that isn't a problem. The only issue I have is if I ask her out for a drink and she says no, I don't want things to become awkward between us since I really like talking to her. Do you think things would become awkward if she says no or so you think we'll both just act like it never happened next time we see each other?

If she says no, she says no. At least you know then.

Things might become awkward, it just depends on the pair of you as individuals.
Reply 5
it could be that she's just really friendly with everyone but you say she talks to you more than she talks to anyone else even though she has known them longer. I would say get to know her some more, maybe find out if she has a partner and take it from there.

Very unlikely that a friendship will survive being essentially friendzoned. She'll be awkward about knowing (for 100%) that you are sexually interested in her, and you'll be annoyed and also awkward about being "not good enough" for her.

It's a risk you take, I'm afraid. That's why the getting wasted option isn't so bad. You can just pretend it was because you were wasted if it goes wrong.
Reply 7
Original post by Trinculo
Very unlikely that a friendship will survive being essentially friendzoned. She'll be awkward about knowing (for 100%) that you are sexually interested in her, and you'll be annoyed and also awkward about being "not good enough" for her.

It's a risk you take, I'm afraid. That's why the getting wasted option isn't so bad. You can just pretend it was because you were wasted if it goes wrong.

I've had a friendship survive it before and I'd like to think that even if i just asked her for a drink and she said no that I could just say no problem that's fine and then just act as normal next time I saw her.
Reply 8
Original post by moonzig
it could be that she's just really friendly with everyone but you say she talks to you more than she talks to anyone else even though she has known them longer. I would say get to know her some more, maybe find out if she has a partner and take it from there.

Yeah she does seem to be really friendly with everyone but she does seem to come straight up to me to talk to me before other people that she knows better and talks to mainly just me through out most of our society meetings. I know for a fact that she is single and from what I know about her we have a lot in common, like same taste in films, enjoy doing the same things etc.
Reply 9
I've had a friendship survive it before and I'd like to think that even if i just asked her for a drink and she said no that I could just say no problem that's fine and then just act as normal next time I saw her.

Do that, no harm is she says no. Does she have a bf that you know of

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Do that, no harm is she says no. Does she have a bf that you know of

Posted from TSR Mobile

No she is definitely single
No she is definitely single

Go for it then. Drink/food suggestion. Goodluck mate :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Go for it then. Drink/food suggestion. Goodluck mate :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, do you think we could just act normally around each other and just be friends if she says no or do you think it'll end up awkward?
To me it sound like she doesn't. If she was really into you, she would wait for you to ask first etc. She's just being polite and nice, what's wrong with that? I guess some people read into it a bit too much. Sorry mate, I think you've been friendzoned.
Original post by Niewazne
To me it sound like she doesn't. If she was really into you, she would wait for you to ask first etc. She's just being polite and nice, what's wrong with that? I guess some people read into it a bit too much. Sorry mate, I think you've been friendzoned.

What do you mean she would wait for me to ask first if she was into me? And surely if she was just being polite she would talk to everyone else as much as she talks to me instead of spending a lot more time talking to me?
Thanks, do you think we could just act normally around each other and just be friends if she says no or do you think it'll end up awkward?

Depends how you are as people, I don't do awkward.If it is awkward after just move on
Original post by SMEGGGY
Depends how you are as people, I don't do awkward.If it is awkward after just move on

Fair enough, she seems really friendly so I think we would just be able to go back to normal afterwards. We are out with our society this week for a drinking social so I could just ask her there after we have both had a couple of drinks then if she says no I could just blame the alcohol the next time I see her I guess.
Fair enough, she seems really friendly so I think we would just be able to go back to normal afterwards. We are out with our society this week for a drinking social so I could just ask her there after we have both had a couple of drinks then if she says no I could just blame the alcohol the next time I see her I guess.

Yes it will if you say she's naturally friendly. Also the latter is a good thing to blame should she decline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest