Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I brought my car in July this year, from a individual car dealership, lovely guy and trustworthy place. I now need to know if I am my cars registered keeper or not, I had my log books come through in August for definite as I remember looking through them, but I cannot find them😭! Seems like a silly question but does the fact that the DVLA sent me log books through mean that I am the registered keeper of the car or the owner? And will my name be on the log books ?? Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    If it was the DVLA that sent it to you then yes. If it was the dealer than no. Did you fill in a new keeper slip when you bought the car?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Key97)
    So I brought my car in July this year, from a individual car dealership, lovely guy and trustworthy place. I now need to know if I am my cars registered keeper or not, I had my log books come through in August for definite as I remember looking through them, but I cannot find them😭! Seems like a silly question but does the fact that the DVLA sent me log books through mean that I am the registered keeper of the car or the owner? And will my name be on the log books ?? Thanks in advance x
    Well yeah.. if they sent you the logbook, you are the registered keeper..

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.