Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't get over boyfriend's exes Watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel pretty childish posting this, but my boyfriend's past seems to be very girl oriented; he fell out with one of his closest friends because the friend went for a girl he knew my boyfriend liked in high school (Something he's still not over) and all his exes seem to have had dome decent impact on him.

His last ex (Girlfriend before me) he got with just to have sex with, which I understand in a way? But the ex before that he said he really liked her (They did drugs together and she was his first sexual experience e.g hand & mouth stuff I think) and again, he's still not really over her.

I know it shouldn't be bothering me because I can tell that he loves me & would never cheat on me, and if not that then he at least cares about me to an beautiful amount, but my anxiety and self hatred just can't let his past go; what if he'll never get over them and he's just using me to fill the void until he runs back to them?

The worst part of all of this is that he's told me he feels uncomfortable talking about his past relationships because he knows just how much I overthink and how my anxiety destroys my self worth.

ReputationRep:
    If you can tell he loves you, I'm pretty sure he won't be using you to just fill a void. I think you need to work on your own self confidence and not doubt the relationship because that will probably ruin it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.