The Student Room Group

Panic attacks

I haven’t been able to get out of the house as I have a panic attack when I leave the door, how can I overcome this?
Listen to music that you like and will calm you down?
If you dont mind me asking, why do you get panic attacks? Is it just the outside your afraid of, the traffic, people or place you live. If its too personal don't answer.
Maybe try chewing gum or buy something like blu tack to keep you distracted which may reduce the panic attacks. You can play with the blu tack and might focus less on the outside.
Reply 2
think about what is causing the panic attacks would be the first step then you can start to think about you could do in order to stop them
Reply 3
Original post by GurnHead
suck a ****

People like you don't deserve to be on the face of this planet. Fool.
Will going out with someone make any difference?
Reply 5
I don’t know what’s causing the panic attacks I’m new to anxiety and sometimes they’re hard to control Having asthma makes them worse too I brought some rescue remedy pastilles but haven’t tried them yet as I don’t like trying things I’ve never had before
Have you tried meditating before hand? I used to have this routine to help me with anxiety and panicking, it was something along the lines of taking a deep breath, putting on some perfume and rolling an aroma therapy oil on my wrists. The methodical action of doing that everyday used to help me a bit

Quick Reply

Latest