Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so for this question, I am confused about the solutions posted to physicsandmathstutor for part b of this question. Such as, where did the 3 come from? I have a feeling it's super obvious but I'm still confused. Any help appreciated
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlashaRussia)
    Hi, so for this question, I am confused about the solutions posted to physicsandmathstutor for part b of this question. Such as, where did the 3 come from? I have a feeling it's super obvious but I'm still confused. Any help appreciated
    The mechanical advantage of that pulley system is 3... i.e. F=mg/3 but the motor has to wind the rope at 3u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    The mechanical advantage of that pulley system is 3... i.e. F=mg/3 but the motor has to wind the rope at 3u
    Thank you! I definitely need to look mechanical advantage up and get familiar with it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did that paper lol (even though I'm not doing the pat). I got like 63/100 so okay although would have been 70+ with no silly mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Maths wise, I couldn't get far in the circle one.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.