Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am looking for help on the admissions procedure and deadlines for applying to study medicine in Bucharest. There is little and confusing information on the university's website and speaking to someone in their admissions team proved to be a costly and futile exercise.
    I am appealing to current international students, maybe you could share your experience.

ReputationRep:
    You do realize that you'll have to learn Romanian ?
    The uni might actually be quite good but coming to Romania clearly isn't a good idea , there is a reason why Romanian doctors are leaving to work in western countries. Trust me I am from Romania , you wouldn't want to deal with the corruption from our health system and having to learn Romanian, which as far as I know from others is hard to learn, just to go back to your home country seems like a rather bad idea. My honest advice is to find another country to study in.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Andrei. The option to study in Eastern Europe is really an insurance in case I am not successful in my application to study in the UK.
    There is only a 2-year window when you can apply to study medicine here, and if unsuccessful during this time, the only other option would be to study for at least 3 years a health related degree and apply as a graduate. Even then it is very hard to get a place.
    So yes, Romania is an option and since my parents are from Romania, it would make a lot of sense for me to study there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.