Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Changing from part time to full time Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My uni sent a change of circumstances form on 14th September to change to full time, today I received i entitlement letter saying on 25th October they will pay my uni some of a part time loan but this would be incorrect as i'm full time and it wouldn't be enough when will it change
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgiaX98)
    My uni sent a change of circumstances form on 14th September to change to full time, today I received i entitlement letter saying on 25th October they will pay my uni some of a part time loan but this would be incorrect as i'm full time and it wouldn't be enough when will it change
    Hi GeorgiaX98,

If the university sent a change of circumstances on the 14th of September it won't be processed yet. It's currently 28 working days to process.

So based on that timescale you'd see updates via your online student finance account on the 25th of October.

I do have questions about the change you're making though.

Did you apply as a part time student? Have the university advised you of what you need to do if they're sending details that you've changed mode of study?

Thanks,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    The uni haven't advised me of anything i did apply as part time before the course started

ReputationRep:
    The uni haven't advised me of anything i did apply as part time before the course started
    Hi GeorgiaX98,

If you're changing from part time to full time study you would also need to apply as a full time student to get the correct funding.

When we process the change of circumstances from the university we will write to you asking for an application form, likely a PN1 for new students if this is the first year of the course.

You can print one from here and submit with a cover letter telling us you're changing mode of study.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    It's already been over a month and it still hasn't changed over how long would it take to process a pn1 and finally get my tutition fees paid

ReputationRep:
    It's already been over a month and it still hasn't changed over how long would it take to process a pn1 and finally get my tutition fees paid
    Hi GeorgiaX98,

As mentioned a couple of posts ago, if the university sent it on the 14th of September then the change of circumstances is still in the queue to be processed. Current processing timescale is 28 working days.

It can take 4 - 6 weeks to process an application.

Regards,

Stuart

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.