The Student Room Group

Integrated masters

Hi,

I am due to start a Integrated masters in Chiropractic in January 2018 for 5 years.

I already have a undergraduate degree in Sports Science and Coaching and have been looking towards student finance to help fund my masters.

On your website, it states that postgraduate funding is unavailable for integrated masters and that professional and career development loans are only available for courses lasting up to 3 years.

Is there any funding available for this course?

Thanks
Original post by Joephez
Hi,

I am due to start a Integrated masters in Chiropractic in January 2018 for 5 years.

I already have a undergraduate degree in Sports Science and Coaching and have been looking towards student finance to help fund my masters.

On your website, it states that postgraduate funding is unavailable for integrated masters and that professional and career development loans are only available for courses lasting up to 3 years.

Thanks

Hi Joephez,

If you've already obtained a degree this makes you ineligible for funding from us if studying an integrated Masters.

In this situation I would advise contacting the university about funding options.

Regards,

Stuart
Hi Stuart Can I just ask, so if I apply to a four year integrated Masters Course, I will not be able to receive funding for my last year, although after the third year I will not have graduated (and therefore technically not have a degree)?Thank you in advance, Andrea
Original post by Joephez
Hi,

Thanks

Hi Joephez,

Student Finance will not fund a second degree, if you already hold an equivalent level qualification, unless it is an exception course.

I have checked and Chiropractic is not on the list of Allied Health Professional Courses that are exempt from previous study and ELQ rules.

An Integrated Masters attracts undergraduate support and as you already hold a degree will not be eligible for supportI

To be eligible for support for the Postgraduate Loan, the course needs to be a stand alone Masters course, lasting between one and two years full time or up to four years part time and designated for support.

If you were able to find a stand alone Masters course, designated for support, then you would be able to apply for the PGL.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending