Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am due to start a Integrated masters in Chiropractic in January 2018 for 5 years.

I already have a undergraduate degree in Sports Science and Coaching and have been looking towards student finance to help fund my masters.

On your website, it states that postgraduate funding is unavailable for integrated masters and that professional and career development loans are only available for courses lasting up to 3 years.

Is there any funding available for this course?

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joephez)
    Hi,

I am due to start a Integrated masters in Chiropractic in January 2018 for 5 years.

I already have a undergraduate degree in Sports Science and Coaching and have been looking towards student finance to help fund my masters.

On your website, it states that postgraduate funding is unavailable for integrated masters and that professional and career development loans are only available for courses lasting up to 3 years.

Thanks
    Hi Joephez,

If you've already obtained a degree this makes you ineligible for funding from us if studying an integrated Masters.

In this situation I would advise contacting the university about funding options.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    Hi Stuart Can I just ask, so if I apply to a four year integrated Masters Course, I will not be able to receive funding for my last year, although after the third year I will not have graduated (and therefore technically not have a degree)?Thank you in advance, Andrea
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joephez)
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Joephez,

Student Finance will not fund a second degree, if you already hold an equivalent level qualification, unless it is an exception course.

I have checked and Chiropractic is not on the list of Allied Health Professional Courses that are exempt from previous study and ELQ rules.

An Integrated Masters attracts undergraduate support and as you already hold a degree will not be eligible for supportI

To be eligible for support for the Postgraduate Loan, the course needs to be a stand alone Masters course, lasting between one and two years full time or up to four years part time and designated for support.

If you were able to find a stand alone Masters course, designated for support, then you would be able to apply for the PGL.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.