Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon,

l have enrolled at my university for BA top up in business admin ( 1 year), having applied for all the finance, l was told this Monday that because the course is the same degree as last years and that it is a ELQ l will not be eligible for funding. l did not complete last years top up course ( this can be confirmed by previous university) so l obtained info before applying and SFE said l am eligible as it falls within a gift year?

l have rang SFE numerous times, not always recieved the correct reply, but l have been assured that once they can see that i did not complete and obtain a degree, then l will not fall under this ELQ category.

Can someone please help me with this???

Joel
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegamv6)
    Afternoon,

l have enrolled at my university for BA top up in business admin ( 1 year), having applied for all the finance, l was told this Monday that because the course is the same degree as last years and that it is a ELQ l will not be eligible for funding. l did not complete last years top up course ( this can be confirmed by previous university) so l obtained info before applying and SFE said l am eligible as it falls within a gift year?

l have rang SFE numerous times, not always recieved the correct reply, but l have been assured that once they can see that i did not complete and obtain a degree, then l will not fall under this ELQ category.

Can someone please help me with this???

Joel
    Hi Joel,

If there's an indication that you have a ELQ in error, you should send us a letter explaining this, and where possible provide supporting evidence that no qualification was gained.

We'd then be able to resolve the issue and move things forward.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi Joel,

If there's an indication that you have a ELQ in error, you should send us a letter explaining this, and where possible provide supporting evidence that no qualification was gained.

We'd then be able to resolve the issue and move things forward.

Regards,

Stuart
    Thanks Stuart, hopefully l can be reassesed as at the moment l dont have tution fee and maintanance loan/grants

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.