Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have my GCSE's this year and i have mock exams next month. I want to start preparing for my mocks ALSO for my GCSE's ( i know they're really far away i don't want to leave things until its too late and start making flashcards then loll) I have made a revision timetable for how I am going to study, but I'm still struggling on where to start . I've made a folder with dividers for each subject, so i can put my notes in there. And I'm going to make flashcards for each subject cause they're super helpful for me. But i don't know how to set out notes cause there are so many topics in so many subjects. I'm honestly finding it so difficult to start and very nervous. I'm new to this account and hopefully i can get some good tips and advice. I hope this makes sense. thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by NewGCSEstudent)
    Hi, i have my GCSE's this year and i have mock exams next month. I want to start preparing for my mocks ALSO for my GCSE's ( i know they're really far away i don't want to leave things until its too late and start making flashcards then loll) I have made a revision timetable for how I am going to study, but I'm still struggling on where to start . I've made a folder with dividers for each subject, so i can put my notes in there. And I'm going to make flashcards for each subject cause they're super helpful for me. But i don't know how to set out notes cause there are so many topics in so many subjects. I'm honestly finding it so difficult to start and very nervous. I'm new to this account and hopefully i can get some good tips and advice. I hope this makes sense. thanks
    It's great that you're thinking about starting revision already! What I found most useful is looking at the sections things like the textbook are in, and revision guides. They might be slightly different but pick which one you're using (make sure they're both the right specification) and which subject you want to start on and go from there. You're unlikely to get all of them for every subject done in the next month, so think about what you want to focus on. I don't know how you like to use flashcards but you could pick out all the key words for example from the glossaries and make one for each of them, and any equations or anything for subjects that use those. Then you can keep going through these between now and your exams, and also start writing more detailed notes nearer the time.

Start with the subjects and areas you're most worried about and then go from there, then it will hopefully make the biggest difference to you. If you feel like something isn't working then don't be afraid to change either- it's whatever is going to help you most, and while it's nice to have the continuity and everything the same thing it needs to work for you too. Flashcards aside, for subjects like maths the most useful thing I found was just doing practice questions, as many as I could. But yeah, keep doing what you're doing! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I strongly recommend looking at the spec. for each subject you’re doing - they tell you exactly what you need to know and use a revision guide for the ‘students should be able to’ section - although few questions will ask them to you directly, they act as a baseline so just do a tonne of practise questions and practise putting this knowlage into exam style questions - you’ll get the basic jist of it soon! Best of Luck 😃
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.