The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by obi145
Why is there a band 4 when band 3 is the cut off?? Does that mean that if you're below the cut off there is till a chance of interview? (No matter how small)

I'm not sure 100% but if that occurs then it may be due to extenuating circumstances and context, I would email the admissions team and ask just to be sure.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JanieDoe
I'm not sure 100% but if that occurs then it may be due to extenuating circumstances and context, I would email the admissions team and ask just to be sure.

That's basically what it is
Hey guys!

Bmat S1- 5.4
S2- 5.2
S3- 4a

Igcse- 7A*, 2A
IB- 44/45 Predicted

How do my chances look? (International student)
Thanks!
Original post by Mo_elheramy
International student with the score 6.4, 8.3, 3A, good luck all :smile:

Hello, congrats with amazing BMAT scores! Mind if I ask where are you from and what are your stats? I got 5.1 7.7 and 3B : ) Good luck with applications!!
Original post by Siddharthk
Hey guys!

Bmat S1- 5.4
S2- 5.2
S3- 4a

Igcse- 7A*, 2A
IB- 44/45 Predicted

How do my chances look? (International student)
Thanks!

They don't look at (I)GCSE, just your BMAT, predictions and personal statement. Your s1 and 2 are below the international average for Imperial last year but I reckon that you have a good shot!
Original post by ElsaLee
Hello, congrats with amazing BMAT scores! Mind if I ask where are you from and what are your stats? I got 5.1 7.7 and 3B : ) Good luck with applications!!

Thank you! I'm from Egypt, living in Dubai and I'm a gap year student. The only stats they look at is your BMAT and predicted or achieved (PS and Reference too but those are subjective) and I achieved A*A*A*A* in bio chem phy & maths A levels and an A* in EPQ. I'd say my personal statement is good but so does everyone otherwise they wouldn't have sent it :laugh: what about you?
Reply 106
S1 - 4.9
S2 - 4.7
S3 - 3A

Alevel predictions - A*AA

Do you think I'll have a chance of getting an interview at imperial or not?? I screwed up my UKCAT so i feel like this is my last chance too :frown:
Thank you! I'm from Egypt, living in Dubai and I'm a gap year student. The only stats they look at is your BMAT and predicted or achieved (PS and Reference too but those are subjective) and I achieved A*A*A*A* in bio chem phy & maths A levels and an A* in EPQ. I'd say my personal statement is good but so does everyone otherwise they wouldn't have sent it :laugh: what about you?

I'm from HongKong : ) and got A*in alevel Maths (achieved) and predicted all A*s for Bio Chen Phy and Eng Lit; do you know the BMAT international average for Imperial last year? I'm a bit nervous about my BMAT tbh... do you think I have a chance? Thanks!
Original post by hmnkb
S1 - 4.9
S2 - 4.7
S3 - 3A

Alevel predictions - A*AA

Do you think I'll have a chance of getting an interview at imperial or not?? I screwed up my UKCAT so i feel like this is my last chance too :frown:

It will depend on the cut offs but you do have a shot.
Reply 109
They don't look at (I)GCSE, just your BMAT, predictions and personal statement. Your s1 and 2 are below the international average for Imperial last year but I reckon that you have a good shot!

Hi! When you say imperial international average, did you mean international offer holders? My S1 is 5.1, S2 is 6.8 and S3 is 3B, how do you think of my chance? Thanks!
Original post by Stdvn
Hi! When you say imperial international average, did you mean international offer holders? My S1 is 5.1, S2 is 6.8 and S3 is 3B, how do you think of my chance? Thanks!

average for International offered interview, I am literally no expert for all those asking but I think you have a fairly good shot if your other stats are good :smile:

Original post by ElsaLee
I'm from HongKong : ) and got A*in alevel Maths (achieved) and predicted all A*s for Bio Chen Phy and Eng Lit; do you know the BMAT international average for Imperial last year? I'm a bit nervous about my BMAT tbh... do you think I have a chance? Thanks!

for 2017 entry the average of those interviewed was 6.2, 6.1, 3.6 A, I still think we have a good enough shot tbh :smile:
For all those internationals that might be interested the number of overseas interviewed in each bands were:
band1, 2, 3
2015: 61, 20, 0
2016: 53, 26, (under 5)
2017: 45, 55, (under 5)
Reply 112
For all those internationals that might be interested the number of overseas interviewed in each bands were:
band1, 2, 3

Thanks for the information! I just hope the minimum S1 score for band 2 will be lower this year...
band1, 2, 3

Hey so this band system, how do we know the cutoffs for it? Will they send them too? Sorry if you've mentioned it before.. I'm not too sure
Original post by luckkong123
Hey so this band system, how do we know the cutoffs for it? Will they send them too? Sorry if you've mentioned it before.. I'm not too sure

Nah we wouldn't find out until next year, we can just hope for the best :smile:
Reply 115
IMG_20171126_003807.JPG
Hey guys, I just found something from Imperial, about the band system, the minimum scores and numbers of applicants in each band, for 2016 cycle. May be a reference for 2017 cycle.
Guys how are my chances looking for both imperial and UCL ? I am a Gap year student Btw :smile:))
Section 1:5.4
Section 2:4.5
Section 3:3.5A

A levels achieved grades: A*AA
GCSE:10A*2A

Thanks
Original post by Stdvn
IMG_20171126_003807.JPG
Hey guys, I just found something from Imperial, about the band system, the minimum scores and numbers of applicants in each band, for 2016 cycle. May be a reference for 2017 cycle.

If this is reliable then it's very helpful thanks!!!
Reply 118
Original post by ElsaLee
If this is reliable then it's very helpful thanks!!!

Yeah, well, this should be sort of reliable. I found it on whatdotheyknow, where you may ask any questions about data and things. One applicant seemed to ask Imperial this question about band and this file of table was included in the answer from Imperial.
Hey, two questions:
When do Imperial send for interview for band 1/ band 2 candidates?
What do you think Band 1 and band 2 for Imperial will be this year?
Many thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending