The Student Room Group

Hate my A LEVEL!

I chose 3 a levels and one of them is not relevant to my university course that I'm going to pick in the future. The other 2 are and I enjoy them. I had to pick the one I didn't like because of my parents. I want to drop it now after we've come to an agreement that it's a waste of stress. I have an option to pick other a levels but it's the exact same situation. Either don't enjoy them or they aren't relevant. There's a specific btec course that is relevant and I would enjoy but my school doesn't offer it. I've searched online on online courses (distant learning course) of it but they offer it as a QCF and I'm afraid that will affect my chances of getting into uni as it it's not the usual board which is edexcel and that may make a difference. I really am struggling!!!
Reply 1

Well you dont give much information, so the answer will have to be general.

Start with looking at the entry requirements for the degree you are applying for.
Make sure you meet those.

Normally two relevant A levels are enough. The third they tend not to care about and in most cases whether its a btec or not.

That means your third A level/ btec doesnt have to be relevant for the course, it does have to fit with the entry requirements. Always check with the uni.

That means I would suggest choosing one that meets their entry criteria, but then choose one that you enjoy and will get the best grade in. Grade becomes more important.

As for the other qualification then see if it qualifies for UCAS points and check with the uni its acceptable. As im dealing with unknowns here, then id tend to just find an A level so I had all my study in one place and wasnt worried about whether it was going to be accepted or not. Distance learning isnt for everyone and some of the course can offer poor support, so its something youd need to research.

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/six-things-you-need-to-know-before-making-your-a-level-choices

Quick Reply

Latest