Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what is the problem between Isreal and Palestine? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I understand it but at the same time I don't. Most resources make it for more complicated than it should be. Could someone explain to me? I don't mind reading even 2000 words it it lets me fully understand.

ReputationRep:
    It's too late right now for me to type up something that actually does justice to the conflict, so for now I'll leave this video, which seems pretty fair-minded to me:

Inevitably there are things it omits, and some of those omissions are of things I think are important, but I think they've generally done it to try to avoid taking sides, which is fair enough, and I don't really think there's much in it which could be considered outright "wrong".

ReputationRep:
    Here
    https://youtu.be/1wo2TLlMhiw

ReputationRep:
    Jewish supremacy

Get your own ethno-state
    Push for the destruction of others with no borders, multiculturalism etc
    Weaken neighbouring countries of Israel that could pose threat to their dominance in region

ReputationRep:
    Palestine and neighboring countries tried to invade Israel about 60 years ago, got completely **** on and lost hundreds of thousands of square kilometres of land which is now rightfully owned by Israel, this happened twice. Therefore Israel is the bad guy.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GillyTheGhillie)
    Palestine and neighboring countries tried to invade Israel about 60 years ago, got completely **** on and lost hundreds of thousands of square kilometres of land which is now rightfully owned by Israel, this happened twice. Therefore Israel is the bad guy.
    How exactly did Palestine "invade Israel" without a state or army?

ReputationRep:
    how would Palestine invade Israel when in the first place Israel was created as a result of WW2 on the Palestinian territory? In addition to this, Israel has always been trying to extend its frontiers INTO Palestine.. so who is the bad guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onceandnever)
    I understand it but at the same time I don't. Most resources make it for more complicated than it should be. Could someone explain to me? I don't mind reading even 2000 words it it lets me fully understand.
    Historically Israel is home to many of the religiously holy sites of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The Jews lived there until about 100AD, and for a long time first Romans, then Arabs and Crusaders took control of the land. It's important because both Jews and Muslims felt they had historical right to live there.

Around the Second World War, when Jews were being persecuted, a lot of them returned to the land of Israel, and in 1948 it was granted a state backed heavily by the USA. The Palestinians (supported by its Arab neighbours) wanted the right to a state, and they invaded in 1967 but Israel counter-attacked and made gains.

Virtually everyone agrees there has to be a two state solution negotiated between the Palestinians and Israel. However it is riddled with problems. Israel is pressing ahead with agressive settlement building in areas that will be part of a future Palestine. Israel can defend itself fairly well from missiles launched by palestine, but in 2014 retaliated anyway to launches and made areas in Gaza uninhabitable.

Hamas, which was elected in Palestine, could be classed as a terrorist organisation, and has certainly acted with violence. President Trump is fiercely pro-Israel, ultimately a solution can only be when both sides agree to talks but progress so far is hard to see.

Sorry for the long post, I hope it makes some sense.

ReputationRep:
    That the israelis are squatting, thieving, genocidal fascists and the Palestinians want their land back and for their children to not be shot by the israeli soldiers.

ReputationRep:
    Any questions about this conflict? Aim them at me, im Palestinian, born there and came to the UK aged 11. Im an ex- christian, now Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    Any questions about this conflict? Aim them at me, im Palestinian, born there and came to the UK aged 11. Im an ex- christian, now Muslim.
    Have you ever been back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Have you ever been back?
    I cant, believe me brother, ive tried, they refuse my entry, Israel always refuses my entry after they see im Palestinian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    I cant, believe me brother, ive tried, they refuse my entry, Israel always refuses my entry after they see im Palestinian.
    (I'm a girl lol) I would've thought they would. My friend is Palestinian and she has never been allowed in. Its so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    That the israelis are squatting, thieving, genocidal fascists and the Palestinians want their land back and for their children to not be shot by the israeli soldiers.
    There does become a point where just because you replaced the word Jew with Israeli or Zionist, it still doesn't stop it being racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    There does become a point where just because you replaced the word Jew with Israeli or Zionist, it still doesn't stop it being racist.
    Only for someone looking to twist the sentence to their own ends, i made absolutely no comment on religion.

ReputationRep:
    fam we all know that the land belongs to Arabs and Palestinians and it used to be called the land of Palestine when Jesus was born so it was never for Israelis in the first place and we all know that it used to be part of the British empire and then they gave it to Jews to live there. and besides, in all the holy books it says that Jews are forbidden from having a homeland and religious Jews would know that for sure, so that's why they are against having a homeland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    (I'm a girl lol) I would've thought they would. My friend is Palestinian and she has never been allowed in. Its so stupid.
    lol, sorry. Anyway for Christmas,ive got enough money to try to go home for a week. I am going to try to go through egypt, instead of Israel. Hopefully it works.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.