Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Thought I would create this thread for any questions first years still settling into uni may have.

Hopefully everyone has settled in well, can't believe it is already week 4! Any issues or questions anyone would like to ask regarding keeping on top of work, problems in halls, or anything uni related, let us know!

We will do our best to find out the answers to your questions!

Sophie
    Final year Philosophy student

ReputationRep:
    What’s Reading week ? Do students just come home ? It seems to be next week.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumofson)
    What’s Reading week ? Do students just come home ? It seems to be next week.
    Hi

Hope you're enjoying your first term so far!

So, different departments call week 6 different things. It is usually called enhancement week. For me I will be using it to catch up with reading and start working on my assignments that are due before Christmas.

My department (Philosophy) put on talks about modules that are being put forward for second and third years. This was quite interesting getting a brief overview about topics that I hadn't done before.

I'm not sure what you are studying but check your timetable and see if there is anything on for you to go to!

Week 6 for me was optional but as I say it does depend on the department! Ive often gone to a couple of the talks that are put on and gone home for half the week which is a nice break!

Hope this helps,
    Any further questions feel free to ask!

Sophie
    Final year Philosophy student

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.