Is it worth applying with only 2 A levels and the welsh baccalaureate? Watch

d__t
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am resitting my mathematics and computer science a levels and am predicted 2 A's, however I only got a D in English.
Would a decent grade in the welsh baccalaureate (advanced) be enough to prop up my D grade in English, or should I just apply to universities with much lower entry requirements (which will accept a D) instead?
(or just skip university entirely)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by d__t)
I am resitting my mathematics and computer science a levels and am predicted 2 A's, however I only got a D in English.
Would a decent grade in the welsh baccalaureate (advanced) be enough to prop up my D grade in English, or should I just apply to universities with much lower entry requirements (which will accept a D) instead?
(or just skip university entirely)
Always check with the uni concerned on their web page and by informal enquiry.

You dont say what grade, but UCAS recognise it as equivalent to an A level.

You dont say what degree but imo they will be fine. You can always try again in clearing.

Assuming this is the correct one.

https://qips.ucas.com/qip/advanced-w...ge-certificate
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes. so many universities now adays accept the welsh bacc instead of the third (providing its irrelevant to the course) subject. Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, Southampton, Birmingham, Exeter to name a few. You still have to declare english grade but if you get the A in WB they'll recognise that into your offer as well. Im in a similar situation, i take maths, geography and history and WB. my history grade is a C atm and my referee said to focus on wb cos i have a better chance then at achieving my offers.
be aware of unis like Bath. they accept the welsh bacc but not as a substitution. the wb in bath only helps to bring down your offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.05%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.49%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.18%
It might lead to more bullying (144)
39.02%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.27%

Watched Threads