Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi I am thinking of applying for Graphic design communication in Chelsea or graphic design in camberwell. My chosen accommodation is closer to camberwell and I am familiar that the facilities are better there but I am more into editorial work/typography with photography rather than illustration but need to know elaborate differences between these courses. I have read the course content but still can’t decide. Please help!

    hey! im a graphic design student at camberwell the course focuses much more on typography and photography than illustration, or at least this is what ive seen in this first term. we had plenty of projects revolving around typography (around 5 i think) and at the moment i am working on my photographic project. the course is more on the practical side than theory (we only have one lecture per week and the rest of the days we work in workshops and discuss with our tutors). the tutors are all professionals and we had the chance this year to work with an ex art director from apple for our photographic project which is amazing; she gives us incredible advice (you can look her up; her name is sandy suffield). the other teachers are also always willing to help and show you how to work in the facilities (i.e letterpress, printmaking etc). if you have any further questions dont hestitate to ask

    Hi I got an offer and will be going to Camberwell in September! X
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.