Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I want to be an author where’s the best place, that will be interesting and useful, to apply for year 12 work experience? Also I have basically no achievements so I was wondering how to bulk up my personal statement for uni?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bookshop, publishers, magazine/newspaper office...There isn't really a set work experience for authors but something related to the book industry or writing could be a good idea?

In terms of your personal statement, do you have any extra curriculars or activities you do outside of school? You could start a blog of mini stories, or take part in some volunteering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Bookshop, publishers, magazine/newspaper office...There isn't really a set work experience for authors but something related to the book industry or writing could be a good idea?

In terms of your personal statement, do you have any extra curriculars or activities you do outside of school? You could start a blog of mini stories, or take part in some volunteering?
    thank you so much, and I don’t which is why I’m kinda stressing and dwelling in regret, but I would like to do volunteering but I’m not sure if It’s enough because it’s not really an achievement but I’ll take nearly anything loool
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Any volunteering is good for you, or look at after-school clubs?

Your personal statement has to show you and your positive qualities, and how you would be a good fit on the course. You can demonstrate this through volunteering and work experience that you have done. If you have achievements, this would be something extra to add, but don't dwell on this too much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.