Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do shy, inexperienced guys like me struggle to get girlfriends? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Idk how you came up with that when I'm providing anecdotal evidence or talking about what I've personally seen. It doesn't mean you can say girls in general freelance a certain way or that it's hatred. Some girls are just *****es the same way men can be total dicks about turning girls down.
    You don't know how I came up with the idea that girls telling shy guys to **** off might suggest they dislike them? I really don't think that should require any explanation.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because people like you talk to girls with the expectation of going out? Why don’t you try talking to girls for the sake of it? Make small talk. Ask them how their day went, what they’re doing. Cheer them up. Girls shouldn’t have to receive attention from guys just because the guys want to go out with them.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    You don't know how I came up with the idea that girls telling shy guys to **** off might suggest they dislike them? I really don't think that should require any explanation.
    No you said "girls hate shy guys" because of times that I personally witnessed girls being tits to guys.

How do you not hear the massive generalisation you just made. Instead you should say "some girls" or "those girls" hate shy guys, but don't misquote me by analysing my post wrong as if I suggested girls generally will tell a guy to **** off?

ReputationRep:
    Girls like confidence, so being shy is a turn-off. If a girl knows you are inexperienced, she is liable to assume that you generally have undesirable qualities, since people tend to expect that men will take whatever comes their way, so if a guy is inexperienced it must just mean he's not had many chances with women, right...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    yeah well shy inexperienced girls struggle even more.

ReputationRep:
    I think inexperienced guys often struggle to get girlfriends for the same reasons that they are inexperienced, i.e. the reasons women have found them unattractive in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    No you said "girls hate shy guys" because of times that I personally witnessed girls being tits to guys.

How do you not hear the massive generalisation you just made. Instead you should say "some girls" or "those girls" hate shy guys, but don't misquote me by analysing my post wrong as if I suggested girls generally will tell a guy to **** off?
    I did not say girls hate shy guys (apart from in saying that I've heard those same words said). Nor did I act as if you suggested girls generally tell shy guys to **** off. What I said was (not that I should need to repeat myself because what I said is still there) that what your anecdote seems to suggest an oft-repeated addage was being literal.

ReputationRep:
    I’m open to hear the other side in arguments especially when it comes to political debates but it felt from my perspective you were being slightly insulant and trying to shut me down. If it wasn’t your intention I’ll take your word for it.

I’ll admit that people like me aren’t cut out for love. You should’ve said that from the start.
    That IS what I was saying from the start - I just elaborated further in my last post as you didn't seem to understand where I was coming from.

You did say it how it is to help pull myself unlike some people on here giving harsh answers in a way to making me feel like I’m some vile person. You gave me brutally honest answers but you also tried to give me constructive advice and some motivation.

One of the reasons why I’m pessimistic because of my past bad experiences and have the tendency to dwell in all the bad things that happened in the past.

How am I supposed to get a job when I never worked in my life or had any work experience? I don’t even have a CV because I don’t know how to make one or even have the motivation.

You know people like me are afraid to talk to someone regarding mental health.

I’m so pessimistic that I had a bad habit posting a lot of pessimistic posts that hardly get any likes or comments. As in 2017 I’ve been improving compared to how it was in 2014-16 but I still do it sometimes. I used to post e.g. “I feel like removing myself from this planet. It’s the only option I got left”.I’m trying to put a stop to it due the distress and annoyance that I may have courses to family members and friends I got on Facebook. I’m thinking of joining a running club or kick boxing that may slowly get it all kicking off.
    I'm sorry i didnt realize what i said would offend you in anyway i was generally
    giving you advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relentas)
    If its the colour of your eyes then realise nobody really cares about it
    solid advice mayne but you'd be surprised - a lot of girls for whatever reason, seem to really like "nice eyes" :lol:
    It's probably the only reason I've hooked up with girls :rofl:

(Original post by anonymous)
    yes so true i relate

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    That IS what I was saying from the start - I just elaborated further in my last post as you didn't seem to understand where I was coming from.
    Im honestly lost in this conversation too much is going on

ReputationRep:
    Do I blame myself instead?
    Yes. If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.

ReputationRep:
    If girls like shy, inexperienced guys? Why do the arrogant guys who sleep with any girl they meet on a night out can easily get a girlfriend?
    Because you are ugly / poor and not deluded enough to believe anything different. You know that if only you could act like those drunken jackasses, you'll be able to fool some girls but never yourself.

Nothing will change unless you either improve your aesthetics or get more money.

ReputationRep:
    no all you have to do is look pretty and stand there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    no all you have to do is look pretty and stand there
    not true at all really not
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Probably because you lack confidence and expect girls to be grovelling at your feet.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone deserves love even the disabled
    deserve =/= entitled

people shouldn't dislike you because you're disabled but no one automatically gets a partner... a relationship is not a human right for anyone, disabled or not... you have to work at it, meet people, be kind, friendly, make an effort etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    deserve =/= entitled

people shouldn't dislike you because you're disabled but no one automatically gets a partner... a relationship is not a human right for anyone, disabled or not... you have to work at it, meet people, be kind, friendly, make an effort etc
    Yh i agree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    deserve =/= entitled

You’re trying to tell me that relationships are privileges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierobinson94)
    You’re trying to tell me that relationships are privileges?
    Not at all. You and I have a relationship right now: Our relationship is that we communicate on the internet sometimes.

That does not mean you have a human right to have sex with me. I feel this is very important to express in no uncertain terms: You do not have the right to have sex with me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.