The Student Room Group

Why do shy, inexperienced guys like me struggle to get girlfriends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’m open to hear the other side in arguments especially when it comes to political debates but it felt from my perspective you were being slightly insulant and trying to shut me down. If it wasn’t your intention I’ll take your word for it.

I’ll admit that people like me aren’t cut out for love. You should’ve said that from the start.

That IS what I was saying from the start - I just elaborated further in my last post as you didn't seem to understand where I was coming from.
You did say it how it is to help pull myself unlike some people on here giving harsh answers in a way to making me feel like I’m some vile person. You gave me brutally honest answers but you also tried to give me constructive advice and some motivation.

One of the reasons why I’m pessimistic because of my past bad experiences and have the tendency to dwell in all the bad things that happened in the past.

How am I supposed to get a job when I never worked in my life or had any work experience? I don’t even have a CV because I don’t know how to make one or even have the motivation.

You know people like me are afraid to talk to someone regarding mental health.

I’m so pessimistic that I had a bad habit posting a lot of pessimistic posts that hardly get any likes or comments. As in 2017 I’ve been improving compared to how it was in 2014-16 but I still do it sometimes. I used to post e.g. “I feel like removing myself from this planet. It’s the only option I got left”.I’m trying to put a stop to it due the distress and annoyance that I may have courses to family members and friends I got on Facebook. I’m thinking of joining a running club or kick boxing that may slowly get it all kicking off.

I'm sorry i didnt realize what i said would offend you in anyway i was generally
giving you advice
Reply 62
solid advice mayne but you'd be surprised - a lot of girls for whatever reason, seem to really like "nice eyes" :lol:
It's probably the only reason I've hooked up with girls :rofl:
Original post by anonymous
yeah well shy inexperienced girls struggle even more.

yes so true i relate
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
That IS what I was saying from the start - I just elaborated further in my last post as you didn't seem to understand where I was coming from.

Im honestly lost in this conversation too much is going on
Do I blame myself instead?

Yes. If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
If girls like shy, inexperienced guys? Why do the arrogant guys who sleep with any girl they meet on a night out can easily get a girlfriend?

Because you are ugly / poor and not deluded enough to believe anything different. You know that if only you could act like those drunken jackasses, you'll be able to fool some girls but never yourself.

Nothing will change unless you either improve your aesthetics or get more money.
yeah well shy inexperienced girls struggle even more.

no all you have to do is look pretty and stand there
Original post by Angry Bird
no all you have to do is look pretty and stand there

not true at all really not
Reply 69
Probably because you lack confidence and expect girls to be grovelling at your feet.
Everyone deserves love even the disabled

deserve =/= entitled

people shouldn't dislike you because you're disabled but no one automatically gets a partner... a relationship is not a human right for anyone, disabled or not... you have to work at it, meet people, be kind, friendly, make an effort etc
Original post by doodle_333
deserve =/= entitled

people shouldn't dislike you because you're disabled but no one automatically gets a partner... a relationship is not a human right for anyone, disabled or not... you have to work at it, meet people, be kind, friendly, make an effort etc

Yh i agree with you
deserve =/= entitled

You’re trying to tell me that relationships are privileges?
Original post by jamierobinson94

Not at all. You and I have a relationship right now: Our relationship is that we communicate on the internet sometimes.

That does not mean you have a human right to have sex with me. I feel this is very important to express in no uncertain terms: You do not have the right to have sex with me.
Original post by Changing Skies
I think a lot of girls like guys to be forward, show their interest, hence they'll go for the guys that are confident enough to do so. From what I've seen, very few girls have the confidence to make the first move, which is a shame really. So if you're quiet, it doesn't always mean someone isn't interested in you, they could just be waiting for you to make the first move which you won't do if you're too shy. You can't expect girls to just fall for you if you don't do anything.

Exactly as this person said. If you're lacking in confidence, as a lot of girls do, having a guy approach you and show a clear interest can make you feel a bit more special. If a guy is shy and quiet, girls can't tell if he likes them or not.

it's a bit simplistic to split the world into rights and privileges... but a relationship is certainly more of a privilege than a right. You have to earn it and if you don't then you don't get one.
it's a bit simplistic to split the world into rights and privileges... but a relationship is certainly more of a privilege than a right. You have to earn it and if you don't then you don't get one.

Then explain education about being a right or privilege?
Then explain education about being a right or privilege?

You have a right to a basic education. You do not have the right to have sex with me.
I doubt most of them worked for it. They just got it easy. I’ve watched people coming out in relationship then within a few weeks/months they’d find someone else and there’s me who still single. The problem those kind of people think they’re better than people like me.

well there you go assuming again, you don't know what they've been through, have you asked them how many times they tried?

maybe it's to do with you as a person, maybe they have a quality or something about them which you don't, put yourself out there and try and find otu something both of you can relate to and maybe then you can develop something from there.

and also another assumption that they're better than you, that's 1 field that they're better than you, maybe you're better than them in many more countless more significant field
Original post by will'o'wisp2
well there you go assuming again, you don't know what they've been through, have you asked them how many times they tried?

maybe it's to do with you as a person, maybe they have a quality or something about them which you don't, put yourself out there and try and find otu something both of you can relate to and maybe then you can develop something from there.

and also another assumption that they're better than you, that's 1 field that they're better than you, maybe you're better than them in many more countless more significant field

It feels like these people get boyfriends/girlfriends without even trying and when try to put myself out there it gets back fired. If you believe that I’m not putting myself out there hard enough let me that I can’t try anymore harder. It’s really difficult for me.

It feels like they’re better than me I get so disgusted when I see young couples on Facebook, Instagram posing together in their photos, when I look see them I can’t help heading “Ha ha I’m better than you” running through my head.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending