Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do shy, inexperienced guys like me struggle to get girlfriends? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxirin)
    You're not alone there Everyone goes through that when they want to ask someone out. It's just parting of the dating process ^^

My best friend at the time told a girl that he liked her back in secondary school and then then the girl started yelling at whole playground humiliating him.

ReputationRep:
    I think like you have been told previously in this post that you can't hope for the world if you don't give your all. Love and romantic relationships aren't everything. From personal experience I can say a lot of the time you're happier when single.
    If I were you, (which partly I am and can relate) I'd work on you. As they say, you only have you. Be down for yourself before you're down for others. Do no harm but take no ****.
    Speak to someone about your mental health. GPs hear that stuff a hundred times a day so they won't look down on you. Don't frown upon antidepressants if they offer them, some times you need a little boost to help you see clearly. I did at least and it really helped me.

I was down and alone for 5 years, I still am very alone but it's on my terms as I know I'm pushing myself forward before I become too involved with others. (I have friends but no serious romance).
    Love yourself.

x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I really wish I could have answers to why people don't look beyond appearance! everyone says "do not judge the book by its cover" never has that been the case...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierobinson94)
    My best friend at the time told a girl that he liked her back in secondary school and then then the girl started yelling at whole playground humiliating him.
    That's secondary school. At that age, no matter the gender, kids are absolute DICKS. I wouldn't take anything said at secondary school to heart. People chill out a lot when you hit college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierobinson94)
    Then explain education about being a right or privilege?
    I'm not sure what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If girls like shy, inexperienced guys? Why do the arrogant guys who sleep with any girl they meet on a night out can easily get a girlfriend?
    Who told you girls like shy inexperienced guys? Because they lied to you

(Original post by whocares?123)
    Who told you girls like shy inexperienced guys? Because they lied to you
    I hear from people in general.

ReputationRep:
    Girls tend to notice the louder, more confident guys more. True some girls like shy guys but you just have to put yourself out there more in order to garner interest.

(Original post by Multitalented me)
    Girls tend to notice the louder, more confident guys more. True some girls like shy guys but you just have to put yourself out there more in order to garner interest.
    It’s borederline impossible

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.