Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I spoke to a friend today about what I was going to do for uni, deciding on business and accountancy, as I wasn't really sure what else to do.
    She told me to not do it, as my alevel subjects are biology, chem, and psychology which are quite hard and I will be wasting my efforts studying for these subjects and then applying to that course ^.
    She suggested for me to do biology/chemistry though Im not particularly fond of those subjects.
    Is she right? Should I just do Biology?
    I'm really not bothered by what I do at uni, since I have no passions. As long it lands me a decent job then it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lia22)
    So I spoke to a friend today about what I was going to do for uni, deciding on business and accountancy, as I wasn't really sure what else to do.
    She told me to not do it, as my alevel subjects are biology, chem, and psychology which are quite hard and I will be wasting my efforts studying for these subjects and then applying to that course ^.
    She suggested for me to do biology/chemistry though Im not particularly fond of those subjects.
    I'm really not bothered by what I do at uni, since I have no passions. As long it lands me a decent job then it's fine.

The degree you do is irrelevant, as a vast majority of graduate programmes do not require a degree in a specific subject. What matters more is gaining more experience throughout your time at uni by doing internships, work shadowing, volunteering and joining societies.

Do the subject you're willing to spend 3 years of learning on, and the one you enjoy the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lia22)
    If you aren't interested in biology, I wouldn't do a degree in it. You really need some sort of passion in it if you are to study it for 3 to 4 years in great detail. Look at your interests and career aims, and it will help you decide the best sort of action. If you feel uni is the best route for you, look at prospectuses and visit open days to get more information so you can be confident in taking the next steps after school/college.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.