Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No avaliable driving test until december???? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else seeing this as well when they book for a driving test?

I failed today which means I need to wait 10 working days, so I looked for a date in November, but every test centre have their next avaliable test either in the middle of December or next year. I've tried entering in random post codes of other parts of the country, same thing as well.

It wasn't as bad as this when I booked (and then re-booked) for my first test. It was easy to find a test within 4 weeks at loads of test centre.

ReputationRep:
    It’s because the tests change on December 5th so people are trying to pass with the old tests rather than having to learn the stuff for the new one.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pacb10)
    It’s because the tests change on December 5th so people are trying to pass with the old tests rather than having to learn the stuff for the new one.
    The new test doesn't seem that much different or more difficult than this current one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepless steve)
    Is anyone else seeing this as well when they book for a driving test?

I failed today which means I need to wait 10 working days, so I looked for a date in November, but every test centre have their next avaliable test either in the middle of December or next year. I've tried entering in random post codes of other parts of the country, same thing as well.

It wasn't as bad as this when I booked (and then re-booked) for my first test. It was easy to find a test within 4 weeks at loads of test centre.

Go East

5 weeks in Bridlington, 6 weeks in Hull and Grimsby and 7 weeks in Boston
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepless steve)
    The new test doesn't seem that much different or more difficult than this current one.
    People don't always make rational decisions though. All you can do is either lump with it and take a later date, or wait and pray for a last-minute cancellation. I'd just stick with the former, if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    Cancellations are very common. Just look everyday for one, I failed and booked the next one for a few months time, In the end i got one within 2-3 weeks.

GL!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.