Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What did you get at GCSE? 10 A* + an A in FSMQ Additional Maths (highest grade you can get)

What A levels are you studying?
    Economics, Maths, Further Maths, History. Worried if I would need another essay subject like English for History course

What are your AS grades (if this applies to anyone)? N/A

What are your target/predicted grades? Don't know yet - but would like all As at the very least

What extracurriculars do you do?
    Not much, did Speech up to grade 8, some D of E, contributor to school's history magazine

What course will you be applying for? Straight History

What colleges are you interested in and why? Wadham because of the liberal feel and Magdalene for its strength in my course.

Why Oxford and not Cambridge? Not completely decided, and I know that History at Camb is much easier to et into but always loved the idea of Oxford so worth taking the risk. Also Oxford is bigger and is more of a city and I'm a city girl, think Camb would be too quiet

ReputationRep:
    My name is Katie if anyone wants to know.

What did you get at GCSE?
    6A*s 3As 1B (not great I know)
    (A* contains an 8 and a 9, A contains a 7)

What A levels are you studying?
    Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics.

What are your AS grades (if this applies to anyone)?
    Nah.

What are your target/predicted grades?
    My targets are AAAA but we don't get A* targets for maths or science at my school, so personal target is A*A*AA

What extracurriculars do you do?

Prefect (going for Head Girl), HSK Level 1 Chinese, run a Amnesty International inspired group where we discuss human rights, volunteer at a charity which gives disabled people access to sport, work as a tutor at Explore Learning, tutor some top set GCSE science girls in school, part of the Oxbridge group - we do many things like make a newsletter, write and speak assemblies, create PSHE sessions, mentor younger girls etc...

What course will you be applying for?

Probably Biochemistry. I am concerned, though, as I only got an A grade in Biology at GCSE.

What colleges are you interested in and why?

No idea.

Why Oxford and not Cambridge?
    I'm actually not certain. I did want to study Natural Sciences at any university really, but few offer it, and even fewer offer a structure of it that I like. So although I don't mind the Cambridge NatSci course, I'm not sure I could find 4 other universities I'd want to apply to.
    Also, my school is linked with Brasenose at Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (How does one delete a comment? Still undecided on where I’m applying to so I’d like to come back another time 😂)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Grades - 996, 7A*, A in FSMQ
    A-Level Subjects - Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
    Predicted Grades - AAAA for AS
    Extracurricular - Badminton, Football, Tennis, DofE
    Course - Probably Physics, posssibly Maths
    College - unsure
    Why Oxford - Prefer the city a lot and much closer to where I live

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    What did you get a GCSE?
    9A*s (9,8), 1 A (7) and a B

What A Levels are you studying?
    Latin, Classics, Music + and EPQ and Level 3 maths

What are your predicted grades?
    AAA but personally I'd like A*A*A, and I think my predicted grades are lower because of the 7 and B in maths and further maths

What extracurricular do you do? - a few? At school I'm a prefect, a peer mentor, a classics student leader, an academic scholar and a music scholar, I play the violin, tuba and I sing so I'm in around 6 various school clubs for that - out of school I'm a deputy head chorister at an abbey choir, I volunteer at rainbows, and I work part time as a waitress and when I'm not busy I'm either reading or watching Netflix.

Classics

Exeter, Merton, Oriel, Queens, University and Somerville - these are the ones that offer choral scholarships to soprano girls sooo

I like them both but the course at Oxford appeals to me more, I feel it's like constrained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fgel)
    Hi,
    What did you get a GCSE?
    9A*s (9,8), 1 A (7) and a B

What A Levels are you studying?
    Latin, Classics, Music + and EPQ and Level 3 maths

What are your predicted grades?
    AAA but personally I'd like A*A*A, and I think my predicted grades are lower because of the 7 and B in maths and further maths

What extracurricular do you do? - a few? At school I'm a prefect, a peer mentor, a classics student leader, an academic scholar and a music scholar, I play the violin, tuba and I sing so I'm in around 6 various school clubs for that - out of school I'm a deputy head chorister at an abbey choir, I volunteer at rainbows, and I work part time as a waitress and when I'm not busy I'm either reading or watching Netflix.

Classics

Exeter, Merton, Oriel, Queens, University and Somerville - these are the ones that offer choral scholarships to soprano girls sooo

I like them both but the course at Oxford appeals to me more, I feel it's like constrained.
    Damnnnnn, this is a keen profile😂, I’m also a fan of univ too, although Worcester is always first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    Damnnnnn, this is a keen profile😂, I’m also a fan of univ too, although Worcester is always first
    Keen? How so? 😂 And I haven't really looked into Worcester if I'm honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fgel)
    Keen? How so? 😂 And I haven't really looked into Worcester if I'm honest
    Just is keen, in a good way though, it’s a mix of everything good; grades, extracurriculars and Netflix of course I’m assuming you watch Viola Helen on YouTube? She studies classics at Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    Just is keen, in a good way though, it’s a mix of everything good; grades, extracurriculars and Netflix of course I’m assuming you watch Viola Helen on YouTube? She studies classics at Oxford.
    Well thank you 😊 you seem pretty keen yourself - and yep! I don't watch her videos as often as I want to though, I've only really seen the ones focused on Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fgel)
    Well thank you 😊 you seem pretty keen yourself - and yep! I don't watch her videos as often as I want to though, I've only really seen the ones focused on Oxford
    Ah fair enough, well good luck then!!!! Keep working hard and you’re bound to get in👍🏾

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    Ah fair enough, well good luck then!!!! Keep working hard and you’re bound to get in👍🏾
    You too!! 👍🏻 Let's both push through A Levels

ReputationRep:
    Probably won't end up applying to Oxford but this seems like a nice thread.

1)977 5A* 2A 1B
    2) Maths, FM, Physics, Chem and Bio
    3) Targets from School:
    A*A*A*AA
    4) Head Boy, Reader Leader, Peer tutoring, Spanish mentoring. Going to do Realising opportunities but Oxford don't care about that at all.

5) Change my mind everyday but I'll probably stick with Maths.

6) Mansfield because it's got a nice name? Jk, I have no idea.

7) STEP...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.