The Student Room Group

Exeter medicine (a100) applicants 2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by MrsDrhopeful
Cut off for gamsat is 59...I got rejected on ucas today as I got into work with 61, makes no sense!

Phoned up and said there may have been a mistake as they only look at gamsat and I'm above cut off...still not heard or had an email. Nightmare! Still waiting on swansea too...what a stressful day.

Same situation. I emailed admissions regarding this but you’re right, they should have confirmed GAMSAT scores
Cut off for gamsat is 59...I got rejected on ucas today as I got into work with 61, makes no sense!

Phoned up and said there may have been a mistake as they only look at gamsat and I'm above cut off...still not heard or had an email. Nightmare! Still waiting on swansea too...what a stressful day.

did you ask if they got your gamsat results? i got a 63 and got rejected. when i called they said they never received my results and asked me to email them.
Original post by pmough
Oh where did you see the cut off for GAMSAT?

Admissions told me on the phone.
Original post by Raven505
did you ask if they got your gamsat results? i got a 63 and got rejected. when i called they said they never received my results and asked me to email them.

Did you sit in March? I also got 63 and got rejected today.

Quite annoyed and concerned as i'm now wondering if my other choices have received my GAMSAT score.
Original post by shamim2k9
Did you sit in March? I also got 63 and got rejected today.

Quite annoyed and concerned as i'm now wondering if my other choices have received my GAMSAT score.

you better call them up. i sat the gamsat in march and like i said, exeter never received the results. you better send them over to all your choices just to be sure. two unis contacted me a couple of weeks ago saying they didn't receive them. what a shambles!
Hey guys,

I juste received a rejection email via UCAS yesterday despite a GAMSAT score of 66. I got an interview at Plymouth earlier this week which confirms my GAMSAT score was on my UCAS application however given some.of the posts of GAMSAT scores for interview on this forum do you think it's possible Exeter somehow missed my score?

Cheers
Original post by ausmedic13
Hey guys,

I juste received a rejection email via UCAS yesterday despite a GAMSAT score of 66. I got an interview at Plymouth earlier this week which confirms my GAMSAT score was on my UCAS application however given some.of the posts of GAMSAT scores for interview on this forum do you think it's possible Exeter somehow missed my score?

Cheers

definitely. i would give them a call on monday because something seems to have gone seriously wrong. i just hope they will actually do something about it and not just leave it as it is.

Oh really? That could be the case then. It's bad that they just rejected though rather than checked with you first. I will ask on Monday if I don't hear then. Thank you.
definitely. i would give them a call on monday because something seems to have gone seriously wrong. i just hope they will actually do something about it and not just leave it as it is.

Definitely! Seems that there are quite a few us in this rubbish situation.
you better call them up. i sat the gamsat in march and like i said, exeter never received the results. you better send them over to all your choices just to be sure. two unis contacted me a couple of weeks ago saying they didn't receive them. what a shambles!

I sat in March...maybe they didn't receive my results but I did my put mark on my application and informed ucas. Surely they wouldn't just reject and be would be prompted to find out?
(edited 6 years ago)
I sat in March...maybe they didn't receive my results but I did my put mark on my application and informed ucas. Surely they wouldn't just reject and be would be prompted to find out?

it was the exact same for me - sat in march, put results on ucas,put my ucas id on the acer website. but nothing. unfortunately, something serms to have gone seriously wrong with acer this year and exeter didn't really seem too bothered about finding out why there are gamsat results on the application but nothing from acer. quite sad really. at least other unis contacted me.
How long does the interview last?
Original post by natxliv
How long does the interview last?

Seven 3 minute stations
it was the exact same for me - sat in march, put results on ucas,put my ucas id on the acer website. but nothing. unfortunately, something serms to have gone seriously wrong with acer this year and exeter didn't really seem too bothered about finding out why there are gamsat results on the application but nothing from acer. quite sad really. at least other unis contacted me.

Oh really?! Oh dear. Well we can't have done anymore on our part, it's their responsibility then. Just can't believe what a mess it's in and a number of people are in the same situation, something definitely has gone seriously wrong.

I found out just as I got into work yesterday and had to quickly try and forget about it before my 12 hour shift, but people noticed that I wasn't my normal self and had to explain, it was just embarassing and I was having to phone Exeter up in work before the weekend. It was just stressful and so confusing and we still don't know.

It's so bad that Exeter just didn't bother to check with us about gamsat if that is the case, how are we to know? We might have just thought it was just a rejection and just taken it. Thank god for this forum!

Really hope it gets sorted on Monday.
Oh really?! Oh dear. Well we can't have done anymore on our part, it's their responsibility then. Just can't believe what a mess it's in and a number of people are in the same situation, something definitely has gone seriously wrong.

I found out just as I got into work yesterday and had to quickly try and forget about it before my 12 hour shift, but people noticed that I wasn't my normal self and had to explain, it was just embarassing and I was having to phone Exeter up in work before the weekend. It was just stressful and so confusing and we still don't know.

It's so bad that Exeter just didn't bother to check with us about gamsat if that is the case, how are we to know? We might have just thought it was just a rejection and just taken it. Thank god for this forum!

Really hope it gets sorted on Monday.

how weird, it was the same for me. i was doing a 12 hour shift when i got the email from ucas (never got anything from exeter). i then called them on my break. i was shaking all over and my colleagues could see something was up. i can't believe how similar it was to what you went through!
but yea, i just really hope they will do something about it. it just wouldn't be fair if they left it as it is. but i am still furious that they would just reject us without speaking to us first.
how weird, it was the same for me. i was doing a 12 hour shift when i got the email from ucas (never got anything from exeter). i then called them on my break. i was shaking all over and my colleagues could see something was up. i can't believe how similar it was to what you went through!
but yea, i just really hope they will do something about it. it just wouldn't be fair if they left it as it is. but i am still furious that they would just reject us without speaking to us first.

Oh my gosh, that is so similar! How coincidental! It's not nice finding out and trying to sort it all out in work whilst trying to compose yourself is it? Can't exactly go and hide in a corner :/ Nice to know that there's someone else in a very similar boat, not that I'd wish that on you.

Me too! It is unfair and I am really annoyed too that they wouldn't try and find out. All our hard work thrown in the bin when we meet the cut off :/ just not nice to be put through it and go through the weekend with a rejection too for some unknown reason. Really hope they sort it out! I'm quite pessimistic about it though, but they should i theory sort it as it's on their policy. Loads of luck! Fingers crossed for next week.
Oh my gosh, that is so similar! How coincidental! It's not nice finding out and trying to sort it all out in work whilst trying to compose yourself is it? Can't exactly go and hide in a corner :/ Nice to know that there's someone else in a very similar boat, not that I'd wish that on you.

Me too! It is unfair and I am really annoyed too that they wouldn't try and find out. All our hard work thrown in the bin when we meet the cut off :/ just not nice to be put through it and go through the weekend with a rejection too for some unknown reason. Really hope they sort it out! I'm quite pessimistic about it though, but they should i theory sort it as it's on their policy. Loads of luck! Fingers crossed for next week.

Hi
Really really confused, what is gamsat cutoff score cannot find this anywhere ??
Can someone help ??
Me got 60 but rejected.
Original post by MALCOMX 8A
Hi
Really really confused, what is gamsat cutoff score cannot find this anywhere ??
Can someone help ??
Me got 60 but rejected.

I posted on Friday earlier in this thread...it was 59, I also got rejected with 61 and others with higher! Admissions told me the cut off. There are lots of us in the same boat...sounds like a mistake.

Edit: Did you get an email? Lots of us got rejected on UCAS. Apparently admissions says we shouldn't have even heard off UCAS yet and should have got the email regarding decisions on Thursday.
I posted on Friday earlier in this thread...it was 59, I also got rejected with 61 and others with higher! Admissions told me the cut off. There are lots of us in the same boat...sounds like a mistake.

Edit: Did you get an email? Lots of us got rejected on UCAS. Apparently admissions says we shouldn't have even heard off UCAS yet and should have got the email regarding decisions on Thursday.

Yes seen the 59 cutoff, where did you find this ?? are there any minimum section scores ?? I got rejected after getting email from UCAS, and logged into track had given up on Exeter, will call to find out what the hell is going on.
I sat GAMSAT in 09/2017 so results should have been sent directly by ACER.
Reply 199
Original post by MALCOMX 8A
Yes seen the 59 cutoff, where did you find this ?? are there any minimum section scores ?? I got rejected after getting email from UCAS, and logged into track had given up on Exeter, will call to find out what the hell is going on.
I sat GAMSAT in 09/2017 so results should have been sent directly by ACER.

It's crazy how many people have been missed just on this forum I wonder how many there are in total!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending