Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Applying to Exeter with:
    GCSE: 5A* 6A
    AS: AAAA
    A-Level Predictions: A*A*A*
    UKCAT Score: 638

Basically applied thinking I would be in top tier but evidently not. My postcode qualifies for contextual but my school doesn't so I'm not too sure about that (think I will email Exeter just to double check). If not, then my chances are low to be honest. Just have to hope that loads of people were put off or not many people have the predictions so that there's a lower UKCAT score. Hanging in by the thread here to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydengi)
    Applying to Exeter with:

Basically applied thinking I would be in top tier but evidently not. My postcode qualifies for contextual but my school doesn't so I'm not too sure about that (think I will email Exeter just to double check). If not, then my chances are low to be honest. Just have to hope that loads of people were put off or not many people have the predictions so that there's a lower UKCAT score. Hanging in by the thread here to be honest.
    Dont worry. Youll be happy to hear im not predicted 3A* and i applied

ReputationRep:
    Applying to Exeter with:

did they reply to you about the contextual offer? Im wondering the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverGrowUp)
    did they reply to you about the contextual offer? Im wondering the same thing
    I literally posted that and forgot to send an email, so I don't know anything

ReputationRep:
    I literally posted that and forgot to send an email, so I don't know anything
    ohh no worries lol.

It seems like exeter has had the least medicine applicants on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    When do you think we will hear about interviews?

ReputationRep:
    I got A*A*A* predictions UKCAT 640 and didn’t apply as my UKCAT was too low, would have applied if I was guaranteed tier 1 :/ but sadly they have changed the rules and I’m in tier 2... really sucks would have loved to go here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by want2bstudent99)
    I got A*A*A* predictions UKCAT 640 and didn’t apply as my UKCAT was too low, would have applied if I was guaranteed tier 1 :/ but sadly they have changed the rules and I’m in tier 2... really sucks would have loved to go here
    same as you but i applied loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyious)
    Applicants with contextual data are assessed separately so I will explain it as if you did not have any contextual flags. If you do, tell me and I'll explain it too.

You are put into tiers. With predicted grades the highest tier you can get put into is tier 2 with A*A*A*. Then they go down the tiers until they filled their places for interview. This meant that last year the cutoff fell into tier 2, they then ranked the applicants in tier 2 by UKCAT score and invited x number of candidates with the highest scores. For illustration purposes let's assume they had 100 places left to fill from tier 2. This essentially lead to a UKCAT cut-off as candidates with a UKCAT score of less than the 100th person on the ranked list will have been rejected.

Assuming this information is correct last years interview offers for non-contextual candidates would have looked like this:
    Tier 1: Everyone is invited for interview
    Tier 2: Everyone who has a UKCAT score above the cutoff (check the 2017 thread, I believe it's on there) is invited for interview, the rest rejected
    Tier 3: Everyone is rejected
    Tier 4: Everyone is rejected

If you check last years thread there were quite a few people claiming inconsistencies with the admissions policy so just look at this as a rough guideline from what I understood from the admissions policy on their website and explanations in rejection emails people seemed to have received last year.
    Hi, could you please explain the contextual data offer? Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    I’ve applied with:
    GCSE- 4A* 1A 4B
    Predictions- A* A A
    UKCAT- 637.5 Band 1

Exeter is my favourite and most risky choice, do I have any chance to be interviewed?

P.S. my A* GCSEs were in the sciences and maths, don’t know if that makes them any better.

ReputationRep:
    If I get an offer it will be for AAA-AAB as I completed Exeter progressions!!
    any other progressions students? as if you are predicted AAB or above your guaranteed an interview!

good luck all
    (Original post by NeverGrowUp)
    Great stats! what is the contextual offer based on? Is it for non selective schools?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I've applied to Exeter and it seems like there aren't that many of us!

GCSEs: 8A*s, 4As
    Predictions: A*A*A*
    UKCAT: 675, Band 1
    Other choices: Cambridge, Leicester, Hull-York

Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied but seems massively risky. Didn't know that when I applied. It does seem that it's not a popular choice this year (on TSR anyway).

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received any email of acknowledgement from Exeter. Does this mean anything? Have I put in my email address wrong? Been rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMAchip1999)
    I haven't received any email of acknowledgement from Exeter. Does this mean anything? Have I put in my email address wrong? Been rejected?
    No if they had made a decision (which they haven't), it would have appeared on UCAS track and you may have got an email from UCAS. Check your spam folder for the acknowledgement email. If it is not there, I'd maybe email them to check whether they have received your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandExecutioner)
    No if they had made a decision (which they haven't), it would have appeared on UCAS track and you may have got an email from UCAS. Check your spam folder for the acknowledgement email. If it is not there, I'd maybe email them to check whether they have received your application.
    Okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,I’ve applied to Exeter, King’s College London, UCL and Oxford. My stats:

GCSEs: 11A*s
    AS Levels: 4As (I know that not everybody did them!)
    Predicted A Levels: 3A*s
    UKCAT score: 825 (3300 total) and Band 1

Ithink that they’ll be inviting to interview in the next couple of weeks - good luck to everybody applying!!

ReputationRep:
    Interviews will begin to be sent out this week!

ReputationRep:
    How do you know?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I've applied to Exeter with the following stats:

GCSE 7A*s, 2As, B
    AS: AAAA (in sciences and maths)
    A2: A*A*AA (achieved), A* in bio and chem and As in maths and physics
    UKCAT: 667 average, band 2

Do you think I have good chances of interview? I am quite worried that I will be tier 2 and that my UKCAT will be below the threshold :\

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.