The Student Room Group

Exeter medicine (a100) applicants 2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel100499
Interview 🎉 3A predictions and UKCAT was 710

Are you on a widening participation programme?
Original post by Rani_roll14
Same! I just got an interview but lol I’m pissed af cause it’s on the same week as the Cambridge ones (4th december) :frown:
And I applied with 3A*s and 640 UKCAT

Haha the two of us should swap!! I called up and could hardly believe it🙁🙁
Original post by Jules12345
Are you on a widening participation programme?

I’m not sure, the only thing I can think of that would give me an advantage is that my sixth form is in the bottom 40% in the UK.
Reply 103
Original post by emmma_rach_
Just got an interview but not even happy... it’s at the same time as the oxford interviews (1pm - 3pm 11th december) and I just called up to ask about rearranging and was told I’d be rejected if I tried to rearrange.....

I applied with predicted 3A*s and 825 UKCAT.

That's a shame! You'd think they'd be able to rearrange 😩
Original post by NeverGrowUp
Wow that's awful. Surely they should take it into consideration that interview dates are beyond your control ?

The woman I spoke to was pretty firm about it. Also can’t believe that people have been rejected with such fab UKCAT scores just because of predicted grades☹️ Going off Exeter by the minute!!
Original post by HateOCR
My email said that only tier 1 and 2 got invites this year and cut off for tier 2 was 2670. So people like me (predicted 2A*) are all automatically rejected

I know someone who got 2660 and they got an interview today with 3 A* predictions, are you sure this is accurate?
Original post by dontshootducks
I know someone who got 2660 and they got an interview today with 3 A* predictions, are you sure this is accurate?

No. Not now. I saw someone with 710 ukcat and AAA predicted get invited. I dont understand exeter 😡😡😡
Congrats to those that got an interview and sorry for those who didn't...
Did all of you hear from the today? I haven't and now it's past 6 so I'm not expecting anything to happen anymore but I do find it a bit weird...
Original post by HateOCR
No. Not now. I saw someone with 710 ukcat and AAA predicted get invited. I dont understand exeter 😡😡😡

They must have had the whole extenuating circumstances thing i guess - what did ur email say?
Original post by HateOCR

If they had AAA and were contextual that puts them in Tier 1, doesn’t it?
Original post by dontshootducks
They must have had the whole extenuating circumstances thing i guess - what did ur email say?

I had an extenuating circumstance and i got rejected. They said they had too many applicants and had to apply a cut off on tier 2.
Original post by studyious
Congrats to those that got an interview and sorry for those who didn't...
Did all of you hear from the today? I haven't and now it's past 6 so I'm not expecting anything to happen anymore but I do find it a bit weird...

I haven't heard from them either. But my UKCAT is so low the rejection is probably coming soon. Hope you get a response soon
Original post by HateOCR
I had an extenuating circumstance and i got rejected. They said they had too many applicants and had to apply a cut off on tier 2.

I know someone who had 3 A* predictions and higher UKCAT than me but they got rejected, its all very confusing! Don't worry though, where else have you applied?
Original post by HateOCR

If it's not too personal would you mind sharing what type of extenuating circumstances you experienced? I applied as a young carer and haven't heard back yet. Don't worry if you don't want to answer!
I just stalked last year's forum. Interview invitations and rejections were all sent out on the 16th. Those who didn't hear from Exeter called them on the 17th and were told all emails had been sent the day before, so I they didn't get one it was a mistake and it needed to be resent. Some people then had to wait for a few days for the email to be resent. I still haven't heard from them, so I guess I will have to email them tomorrow :frown:
Original post by Raven505
I just stalked last year's forum. Interview invitations and rejections were all sent out on the 16th. Those who didn't hear from Exeter called them on the 17th and were told all emails had been sent the day before, so I they didn't get one it was a mistake and it needed to be resent. Some people then had to wait for a few days for the email to be resent. I still haven't heard from them, so I guess I will have to email them tomorrow :frown:

Oh would you mind sharing the answer?
Is there a GAMSAT cut off yet please anybody?
Original post by Rani_roll14
Same! I just got an interview but lol I’m pissed af cause it’s on the same week as the Cambridge ones (4th december) :frown:
And I applied with 3A*s and 640 UKCAT

Whatttt I got 3A* prediction and 640 ukcat but have been given a February interview ... I mean I know I should be glad that I got one but am confused as to why I’m on the reserve list - any ideas? Do you think they then used gcse after ranking?
Congrats though!
Original post by emmma_rach_
Just got an interview but not even happy... it’s at the same time as the oxford interviews (1pm - 3pm 11th december) and I just called up to ask about rearranging and was told I’d be rejected if I tried to rearrange.....

I applied with predicted 3A*s and 825 UKCAT.

Don't leave it there - try other modalities of contact or get a parent to phone again or something. Then failing that write a complaint ASAP to the med school direct, whatever it takes. What you've been told is completely unreasonable and not something done by any job interviewers, any other university, nothing. Its probably even news-worthy if they did follow through with it!

I suspect its actually some secretary getting confused or acting without the authority of anyone in the med school. No head of med school would want their admissions to work like that.
Original post by studyious
Oh would you mind sharing the answer?

what do you mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending