Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm planning to apply for Midwifery, 2018 intake... I have two little children and I'm just trying to envisage the amount of work needed when on the course.

When they say that lectures are 9.30 till 4.30, does it mean it's solid 7 hours of contact time or is it more flexible. Is reading and writing included in timesheets? Or is that on top of all the lectures?

I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this!

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Peggy3)
    Hello,

I'm planning to apply for Midwifery, 2018 intake... I have two little children and I'm just trying to envisage the amount of work needed when on the course.

When they say that lectures are 9.30 till 4.30, does it mean it's solid 7 hours of contact time or is it more flexible. Is reading and writing included in timesheets? Or is that on top of all the lectures?

I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this!

Thanks!
    Yes, this does mean you will have contact time for the full period. You will have a break for lunch and possibly a break in the morning/afternoon depending on your lecturers. You will have fewer lectures and more self-directed study as you progress through the degree.

Any sort of additional reading or assignments you are required to complete will be on top of this.

When you are on placement, you will be required to follow the shifts of your mentor, which you should find out 1-2 weeks in advance (apart from sickness and last minute shift swaps).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte's Web)
    Yes, this does mean you will have contact time for the full period. You will have a break for lunch and possibly a break in the morning/afternoon depending on your lecturers. You will have fewer lectures and more self-directed study as you progress through the degree.

Any sort of additional reading or assignments you are required to complete will be on top of this.

When you are on placement, you will be required to follow the shifts of your mentor, which you should find out 1-2 weeks in advance (apart from sickness and last minute shift swaps).
    Thank you, this is very informative! Just what I wanted to hear

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.