Substituting a university choice for medicine? Watch

sportyegg
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, on ucas, despite the medicine deadline passing, it still gives me the option to substitute a choice should I want to. If I can, is it worth changing either Barts and/or Nottingham to another ukcat uni?

Here are my stats:
GCSEs: 5A* 4A
UKCAT: 637.5 avg :’( and band 1 SJT
A Level predictions: A*A*A and A in EPQ and Sports Leadership.

Does anyone have any good ideas for universities that would be accepting of these stats; as I am wary of how UKCAT-heavy these universities are?!
Thanks x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JaguarLover101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Correct me if I'm wrong, but once the deadline is passed, although you will be able to substitute the choice, the university will just reject you immediatley?

Edit - This is what TSR says:
"Note also that if you substitute a choice after a deadline (eg, change medical school choices after 15 October, or another uni choice after 15 January) your application to the new uni will be counted as late and may not be considered."
sportyegg
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by JaguarLover101)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but once the deadline is passed, although you will be able to substitute the choice, the university will just reject you immediatley?

Edit - This is what TSR says:
"Note also that if you substitute a choice after a deadline (eg, change medical school choices after 15 October, or another uni choice after 15 January) your application to the new uni will be counted as late and may not be considered."
Oh gosh I did not know that - thanks for letting me know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed