Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I transferred from my secondary school to a much better sixth form and one of the A Levels I decided to study was German. However, as the students at my new sixth form had all been their since year 7, their knowledge of German (especially grammar) is much better than mine (mine being very basic). I know exactly what I need to cover (basically everything: tenses, word order, prepositions, etc...), however I have no idea where to start and how - any useful websites would be appreciated.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Shaums grammar books are really good. Doing that in order from start to finish would be difficult, but would certainly improve your grammar enormously.

ReputationRep:
    Type in the topic, that you find the most difficult, into Youtube and lots of videos will show up explaining the topic - watch the video, make notes and then complete practice question.

I would start with the genders, prepositions and then tenses; starting with those topics will help you with word order and similar things because they are essential content and are linked.

ReputationRep:
    it sounds odd but there is an online game called fling the teacher, i always find that useful, theres also another site which i will link in for you, which provide links to the resources teachers use, you may be able to use one of them. also YouTube can be useful (just make sure its a German person doing the video, either speaking English or with subs)
    hoffe das hilft!

http://www.ogn.ox.ac.uk/teacher-resources

ReputationRep:
    I always find that quizlet is a great recource for grammar, howerer in your case i would reccomend having a search around for rules and acronyms. Don't try and cram grammar rules all at once, be ause the most uselful thing you can do is to out it into practise with the vocabulary you already have. Languages online is good, you just have to do a bit of searching before you find what you're after. Memrise is also helpful as it doesnt throw you straight in the deep end but builds up your knowledge slowly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.