Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I am doing Triple science, French, Geography and Art for Gcse. I am not a creative guy but don't mind art and i am kinda good at it. I just wandered is there anyone who get an A star in the subject who can tell me how you got that A star and how much you have to work in order to achieve that. I also find it hard managing time with triple science and art. Any advice. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Rahman put the time in early. For art at GCSE it is about the time you put in.

ReputationRep:
    You will need to work late nights and stuff just go all out and keep going even when you feel it is too much you need to keeeeeep going!!!!! Remember the very few get A* and you need to be one of the very few who spend extra hours !!!! Come on my broooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arahman5166)
    Hi there, I am doing Triple science, French, Geography and Art for Gcse. I am not a creative guy but don't mind art and i am kinda good at it. I just wandered is there anyone who get an A star in the subject who can tell me how you got that A star and how much you have to work in order to achieve that. I also find it hard managing time with triple science and art. Any advice. Thanks.
    Getting an A* in Art is bloody hard, very few people get A*'s. I was the only person in my whole year to get an A* and that's coz I spent sooo much time on art. Obviously, when you start revising for exams, it'll be harder to maintain doing artwork. So if you're in year 10 I would suggest absolutely banging out the coursework (making sure there's quality and quantity) and then for the exam section you don't have to do as much work but make sure you maintain a high quality. I literally did 4 developments for my exam section but because they were creative and high quality I still got an A* on it. Good Luck and remember have fun!!! Art was one of the GCSE's I enjoyed the most

ReputationRep:
    Art will suck up your time. Do not fall into the trap of aiming for an A* in GCSE art to find you spend so little time on everything else and ruin your overall gcse results sheet. Good luck bruddah

ReputationRep:
    faloodeh le art master do yo thang.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    faloodeh le art master do yo thang.
    dast is de words by a tru artest. I agrade.

- BIG STANNY RETURNS

P.S. Learning to draw, helps.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in GCSE art while doing triple science and 9 other subjects.
    Effort and time is crucial. But it's not the only factor.
    You don't need to pour your whole life and energy into art. When you choose a topic or project to work on, be looking out for inspiration everywhere. If you get a good idea, jot it down, google it, and re-draw (in your own style) a good source- do this MASSIVE. After that, all you've got to do is fill space by talking about how it relates to your idea, and analyse why the artist did certain strokes or pursued certain ideas in this piece. THEN, say what you liked and didn't like about this piece. You can develop this idea and keep building until you reach a satisfactory end.
    If you're into the abstract stuff, you don't even have to be precise with your art. EXPLAIN why you chose that medium, why you chose this object to be the centre, why you think this colour palette will accurately reflect the idea you're trying to portray. Just 10 minutes a day can go a looooong way (esp. with coursework).

Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    i got A* and did triple also.
    i dont really know what to say apart from dont bother for an A* unless you want to take it for a level but if you have specific questions regarding your sketchbooks you can PM me and i can try to help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.