ybco124
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
An aluminium atom can be shown as :

Al

what can be deduced from this information about the structure of an aluminum atom and the position of aluminum on the periodic table.

I have got the number of electrons, neutrons, protons, the nuclear change, atomic number. Anything else?
_Dirac_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Write out the electronic structure for Aluminium ( it has 13 electrons)

Then, if you need, draw the structure of aluminium. Count the number of shells, what does this tell you about where it’s placed in the periodic table (think about rows). See how many electrons are on outer shell. What does this tell us about it’s position on the periodic table (think columns)
Daniel100499
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you go by electrons you know it’s got 2 in the first shell, 8 in the second shell and 3 in the last shell which tells you it’s in period 3 (because it’s got 3 shells), and it’s also in group 3 (because it has 3 electrons in its outermost shell)
Hope this helps
ybco124
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks just finished the paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (183)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (48)
11.51%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.91%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (88)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (41)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (24)
5.76%

Watched Threads