Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a business and ICT course at Aston University and University College London, however, these are the 2 main universities that I'm eligible to apply for because I only got a C in GCSE maths which meets their requirements. Other unis that offer it like Uni of Manchester, etc all need a B in GCSE maths.

I'm currently predicted AAB or potentially AAA as I got an A in business studies at AS Level, beating my target. I should be predicted AA in English and History

So, I've looked around and I also like the look of Business and Management at uni too, so could I apply for Business and ICT at Aston and UCL and then Business and Management at other unis like Uni of Leicester, Nottingham Trent etc to fill in my last 3 options on my UCAS form?

And if that is possible, how should I go about incorporating both topics into my personal statement? I've already done my first draft which emphasises ICT in business more than the management side of business.

Thanks!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BassBoy123)
    I'm applying for a business and ICT course at Aston University and University College London, however, these are the 2 main universities that I'm eligible to apply for because I only got a C in GCSE maths which meets their requirements. Other unis that offer it like Uni of Manchester, etc all need a B in GCSE maths.

I'm currently predicted AAB or potentially AAA as I got an A in business studies at AS Level, beating my target. I should be predicted AA in English and History

So, I've looked around and I also like the look of Business and Management at uni too, so could I apply for Business and ICT at Aston and UCL and then Business and Management at other unis like Uni of Leicester, Nottingham Trent etc to fill in my last 3 options on my UCAS form?

And if that is possible, how should I go about incorporating both topics into my personal statement? I've already done my first draft which emphasises ICT in business more than the management side of business.

Thanks!
    You could apply to both courses if you wish. If you do, you'll need to focus your PS mainly on business, as that's involved in both courses. Then you'll talk about ICT - this will be fine, as ICT is still going to be included (although to a lesser extent) in the other degree. And you can talk about management, as that's involved in a general business degree.

Orif you're finding this too difficult, you can always apply to the business and ICT courses initially, and then see what happens. You can add more choices to your UCAS application if necessary. As long as you add the choices before January 15th they would be classed as on time. So you apply for your favourite courses, and if you get offers you're happy with then you don't need to add the back ups. If you get rejections, or if they don't reply before the deadline, you can then add the other choice in Track.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.