Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to be coming to Manchester in 2018 (uni of) was just wondering if anyone had any advice on halls? It has to have an ensuite and be self catered. I don't know if different halls attract different people? E.g party goers in city campus? It probably sounds stupid, but I would love to get a lively, friendly bunch of hall mates - I know it's not a given!

ReputationRep:
    Avoid Fallowfield esp Oak House if you don't like the party scene.
    Whitworth is gross and prison-like.
    Denmark Rd are the nicest and mainly en-suite.
    Victoria Park ones are nice and quiet; individual halls have different options

ReputationRep:
    I live in WW ... personally though I don't think it's that bad. The walls aren't smooth so yes design wise it's not as aesthetic, but other than that things are fine. It is much cheaper than the other halls anyway so don't expect much. It's decent living as long as you're not too picky about stuff.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.