Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My parents really want me to do med and went behind my back and changed everything on my track. It wont let me change the options back, and I am afraid I am going to get stuck doing a course I don't want to do.

I'm unsure as to what i can do and just want some advise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danpai)
    My parents really want me to do med and went behind my back and changed everything on my track. It wont let me change the options back, and I am afraid I am going to get stuck doing a course I don't want to do.

you call ucas and the school to tell them your parents are controlling, selfish and frankly retarded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cor395)
    you call ucas and the school to tell them your parents are controlling, selfish and frankly retarded
    I already had an argument with my head of year with my parents present. Im not really sure what calling ucas would achieve as i wouldn't be able to change my options again would i?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

I've moved this to the Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum as it's more relevant to here.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    jfc, you need to talk to UCAS about this. we can't be of help apart from telling you to talk to UCAS who is the only one who has control over your application
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

If you applied within the last 14 days, you could cancel your whole application, receive a refund, and then send a new UCAS application with the choices you want. You would need to choose a different password, different security answers, and ensure that these aren't saved by your browser or written anywhere your parents could find them.

However, this wouldn't solve the problems of your parents expectations. You would either need to inform them that you have done this or try to lie - and neither option will end well. You've also got to consider student finance, as you would need your parents to submit their income if you wish to get the full loan, and they may not agree to this if they don't approve of the new course.

So ultimately, it may be a better option for you to finish this year and achieve excellent A Level grades, and then think about uni afterwards. Then you could get a job and move out. You would need to be self-supporting for 3 years to be classed as an independent student in regards to student finance, or you could study part time.

If you have any friends or family then they could try to talk to your parents, or your school may be able to intervene. But unless your parents agree, there may not be an easy answer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.