The Student Room Group

GYG 2017-18 Reach for the A*s...or 9s or...whatever

Scroll to see replies

loving this, i'm in year 9 and I'm trying to read all of this but from what I've read so far you seem to be doing really great.
I love how your posts are so normal, if you get me? Like some of the blogs i've read, the writers are perfect students who get revision done every second of their free time and ace exams without even trying. I'm probably not making any sense whoops. And drama is the best best best and i'm totallly with you on geography, what's the point? pm me if you ever wanna talk about anything (and i mean anything, school, life, stresses, good things ahah), unless you live in Dubai then our time zones are different so i might not reply straight away but I'm on here most of the time i'm awake anyway.
Good luck with the next year and a half, I'll definitely be watching your journey xx
Original post by mez_merising
no not yet, have you?

don't mean to slide in to your convo ahah but we got ours back on Thursday. Not my finest result but it's fineeeee :colondollar:
Original post by JedEmily
I haven't checked this GYG in a while and I just wanna say from what I have managed to read - you're getting on really well! I hope your German presentation grade is good!!

aww thank you!!
Original post by MollyBarber13
loving this, i'm in year 9 and I'm trying to read all of this but from what I've read so far you seem to be doing really great.
I love how your posts are so normal, if you get me? Like some of the blogs i've read, the writers are perfect students who get revision done every second of their free time and ace exams without even trying. I'm probably not making any sense whoops. And drama is the best best best and i'm totallly with you on geography, what's the point? pm me if you ever wanna talk about anything (and i mean anything, school, life, stresses, good things ahah), unless you live in Dubai then our time zones are different so i might not reply straight away but I'm on here most of the time i'm awake anyway.
Good luck with the next year and a half, I'll definitely be watching your journey xx

awwwee can I start of by saying thank you so much for taking time to write such a lovely comment oh my ily❤️❤️❤️
good luck with year nine, enjoy it while it lasts! and no, I totally get what you mean - and I’m trying to keep it as real as possible. I mean what’s the point if it’s not? i don’t live in Dubai, although it’s a stunning country and I’d love to go back sometime

sending love your way 💕
Original post by MollyBarber13
don't mean to slide in to your convo ahah but we got ours back on Thursday. Not my finest result but it's fineeeee :colondollar:

no problem! feel free to slide in wherever, and I don’t think I’m gonna get mine back anytime so ahaa
awwwee can I start of by saying thank you so much for taking time to write such a lovely comment oh my ily❤️❤️❤️
good luck with year nine, enjoy it while it lasts! and no, I totally get what you mean - and I’m trying to keep it as real as possible. I mean what’s the point if it’s not? i don’t live in Dubai, although it’s a stunning country and I’d love to go back sometime

sending love your way 💕

just being real with you aha x
thank you, the work seems to be simple but the workload omg don't even get me started ahahahh x
sending love back x :love:
I just wrote ten essays for eng lit revision who’s proud of me
obviously not all in one go - it was over a span of four days but still that’s a record for me
(edited 6 years ago)

WOAH

obviously not all in one go - it was over a span of four days but still that’s a record for me

That is still impressive...mine is probably two over a week:colondollar:

10?! That's mad! It usually took me about 3 days mentally preparing myself and like 4 hours writing to do the 45 minute essay :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gorgeous pictures.:heart:

[video="youtube;kvDMlk3kSYg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg[/video]

As mama Ru would say, condragulations, but also, TEN?! it takes me 3 hours to get through 1 page of an essay.
Original post by Toastiekid
WOAH

That is still impressive...mine is probably two over a week:colondollar:

Original post by Lemur14
10?! That's mad! It usually took me about 3 days mentally preparing myself and like 4 hours writing to do the 45 minute essay :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JedEmily
As mama Ru would say, condragulations, but also, TEN?! it takes me 3 hours to get through 1 page of an essay.

i don't actually know how I managed it...i guess deleting instagram and youtube helped!
Original post by 04MR17
Gorgeous pictures.:heart:

[video="youtube;kvDMlk3kSYg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg[/video]

raaaraaarasputin!!!! a bop, our teacher put this on in class as well lmaoooo

woooooop!!!!
I am soo proud of u girllll xxxx
Selected my GCSE options after much deliberation (Year Nine) and thought I'd get in on the action early...

English Language
English Literature
Maths (already learnt curriculum)
Further Maths (already learnt curriculum)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
History
Geography
French
Spanish
Statistics (self-taught)
Music (self-taught)

Aiming for all 9's.

I had a large dilemma over whether to take Computer Science or not, but the teacher who I'd likely get deterred me from the subject, and it'd also be one of the more stressful subjects (I don't like the idea of coursework...)

My other goals for the course of secondary school- work towards Grade 8 in flute/cello/theory, work towards Gold Duke of Edinburgh, possibly Gold Arts Award, and dramatically improve my UKMT scores (aiming for medals in the Intermediate Olympiads...hopefully one day, get selected for the IMO...)

So yep, hello :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Let's get this gyg to 1000 posts
i don't actually know how I managed it...i guess deleting instagram and youtube helped!

I still would never have managed it...I struggle to get 10 bits of maths homework done in 4 days and that's with free periods almost 50% of the time...
On another note, I'm incredibly glad to have finished my end-of-KS3 Science exams earlier today, with minimal hassle. :smile:
Original post by TheGame314
Selected my GCSE options after much deliberation (Year Nine) and thought I'd get in on the action early...

English Language
English Literature
Maths (already learnt curriculum)
Further Maths (already learnt curriculum)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
History
Geography
French
Spanish
Statistics (self-taught)
Music (self-taught)

Aiming for all 9's.

I had a large dilemma over whether to take Computer Science or not, but the teacher who I'd likely get deterred me from the subject, and it'd also be one of the more stressful subjects (I don't like the idea of coursework...)

My other goals for the course of secondary school- work towards Grade 8 in flute/cello/theory, work towards Gold Duke of Edinburgh, possibly Gold Arts Award, and dramatically improve my UKMT scores (aiming for medals in the Intermediate Olympiads...hopefully one day, get selected for the IMO...)

So yep, hello :smile:

thanks for commenting on my thread (although i don't think its the one you were looking for lol) but nevertheless i'd be glad to help! :smile:

woah further maths you've already learnt? damnnnn
aaaand stats self-taught? grade 8 music? blooooody hell mate, you've done well!!
good luck with your journey, im sure you'll smash all your exams xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending