Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would love to hear your thoughts.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    civil engineering

it's not one of those ''i've always been deeply passionate about civil eng since i was in the womb'' but quite recently
    i take maths, geography and history. didnt know what to do in yr 12 so i picked a wide range. I really enjoy history and thought i was going to go into that kind of field. but a levels made me hated history (not the content but more so the exam techniques and ways you have to approach the essays)
    i've grown to love a level maths. gcse maths was actually annoying with the wordy questions and ridiculous scenarios, a level maths on the other hand is just simply worded questions and loads of practice can get you guaranteed grade, not the swishy swashy subjective marking in humanities ive grown to hate. i figured if i love maths, then why not maths degree?
    i'd have to do FM for most unis to accept me, and by the time i told my maths teacher, it was quite late because the exam board i do does FM in one year only and requires all of maths a level knowledge. However, i then realised i dont love maths enough. not enough to do just pure maths. geography has a few mentions of engineering here and there and its one of my ok subjects too. i looked up all the engineering branch. most required physics which i dont have...but civil eng in majority of unis dont require physics. so i looked into it. it revolves around maths, but not pure maths, it has different elements of everything in there. thats how i came to choose civil eng.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.