The Student Room Group

HSPSAA

Hi everyone, I have been preparing for the HSPS exam and I can't find a thread for this year.
What is a good score to get in the reading comprehension exam?
What is a good way to write the introduction?
Original post by AnnaMariaaa
Hi everyone, I have been preparing for the HSPS exam and I can't find a thread for this year.
What is a good score to get in the reading comprehension exam?
What is a good way to write the introduction?
I assume you're talking about the Cambridge HSPS course?:holmes:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
I assume you're talking about the Cambridge HSPS course?:holmes:

Yes, Cambridge's degree
Original post by AnnaMariaaa
Yes, Cambridge's degree
Moved This into the Cambridge forum for you.:wink:

Lots of helpful people float around here so I'm sure you'll get the replies you're after.:h:
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Moved This into the Cambridge forum for you.:wink:

Lots of helpful people float around here so I'm sure you'll get the replies you're after.:h:

Thank you v much
How have you been preparing for the exam? (I'm also due to take it on thursday and am a bit clueless about what to do..)
Reply 6
Original post by sofiaaliceb
How have you been preparing for the exam? (I'm also due to take it on thursday and am a bit clueless about what to do..)

Hey, I did the past papers and did some of the essays. Also, essay plans helped me to think about some ideas
There was a bit of discussion early today in the general applicant thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3528165&page=177) and the HSPS course thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1932691&page=64).

In terms of scores, I emailed Kings and they said "The best applicants will score more highly, but only relatively few are expected to gain more than 80% of the available marks." and the average is 50%. With the conversion 33, 34, 35 and 36 all gain the same mark so I'd say that's the aim.

What kind of marks have you been getting?
Original post by sofiaaliceb

I haven't done too much preparation to be honest, but I've done some essay plans and sample paragraphs. I've done the specimen paper twice and the 2016 paper once, and have scored 70%, 75%, and 95% respectively.

Attached is a sample paragraph I did for the question on whether or not the US political system (I believe that was the wording, it has been awhile since I did it) is democratic or not.
Original post by xBasedChris
I haven't done too much preparation to be honest, but I've done some essay plans and sample paragraphs. I've done the specimen paper twice and the 2016 paper once, and have scored 70%, 75%, and 95% respectively.

Attached is a sample paragraph I did for the question on whether or not the US political system (I believe that was the wording, it has been awhile since I did it) is democratic or not.

For the HSPAA, how many paragraphs are you expected to do, considering its an hour long?
Original post by xBasedChris

That's really good!

Regarding your scores, is that including your essay marks? If so, how are you marking them?

I've done the specimen paper and the 2017's paper. For Section 1 I scored 23/36 and 28/36, respectively.

Quick Reply

Latest