Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've been looking for a good book to read for a while (I've been searching "good books for 15 year olds" 😂) Anyways I want a book that isn't childish. I also can't read anything that includes sex cause my mum will probably find out (I don't know how she does it). If anyone has recommendations please tell me

ReputationRep:
    If you're after a classic, I recommend The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton, or Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini is also very good x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i mean, what genre of books do you read? it depends what you're going for lol

fantasy: name of the wind - patrick rothfuss (favourite book) OR pellinor series - alison croggon (favourite series) THESE BOOKS ARE LONG AND HELLA FANTASY I'M TALKING LOTR FANTASY LEVEL
    sci/fi: ender's game - orson scott card (amazing book, deals w/ pretty complex politics for a 15yr old though)
    thriller/crime: original sherlock holmes books? anything by agatha christie OR JAMES PATTERSON
    horror: IT - stephen king ACTUALLY ANYTHING BY STEPHEN KING THE MAN'S A LEGEND
    teen fic/YA novels: *cracks knuckles*
    percy jackson
    maximum ride
    harry potter (natch)
    twilight (books are better than films)
    maze runner (same)

romance (but not sex): literally anything, just walk into the young adult section of a waterstones or WHSmiths and pick up like 3 books you'll be set tbh
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Books, literature and comics.

ReputationRep:
    This trilogy is amazing
    in order:
    Fire
    Graceling
    Bitterblue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani002002)
    Ok I've been looking for a good book to read for a while (I've been searching "good books for 15 year olds" 😂) Anyways I want a book that isn't childish. I also can't read anything that includes sex cause my mum will probably find out (I don't know how she does it). If anyone has recommendations please tell me
    I can tell you the books I read when I was 15.

Jane Eyre- by Charlotte Bronte
    Wuthering Heights- by Emily Bronte
    Chaos Walking Series- Patrick Ness
    The Iliad- Homer
    King Lear- William Shakespeare
    I'm the King of the Castle- Susan Hill
    The Woman in White- Wilkie Collins
    The Turn of the Screw- Henry James
    Dracula- Bram Stoker
    Frankenstein- Mary Shelley
    Anne of Green Gables- L.M Montgomery
    Anna Karenina- Leo Tolstoy
    The Picture of Dorian Gray- Oscar Wilde
    To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
    The Shining- Stephen King.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani002002)
    I'd recomend something aimed at Middle schoolers, stuff like that never has inappropriate scenes and most of it is suittable for all ages. Some of them have heavy emotion in them. Try Harry Potter or Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15 and currently reading Red Queen. It's good so far so I recommend it. Here are my other recommendations:
    Frozen Charlotte - Alex Bell
    After the fire - Will Hill
    See how they lie - Sue Wallman

ReputationRep:
    The kite runner by khaled hosseini
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Gone series? (as a general recommendation, its good but it does need the warning on the back, so maybe save this series for later on)
    Girl Missing, Sister Missing, Missing Me - Sophie McKenzie
    Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Wonder by R.J Palacio
    The Fault in Our Stars

ReputationRep:
    look for some Japanese horror and not manga but English translations, just Google Japanese horror novels.

If you like The Grudge and Ring and stuff, those were books first. Maybe look for novels made into movies you like 😊

ReputationRep:
    Dani002002

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions I will try some of these out

ReputationRep:
    For a 15 year old I recommend the following books:
    -The Harry Potter series
    -Percy Jackson
    -Girl missing series
    -Blood ties
    -Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility (if you are comfortable with classics)
    -Maze runner series
    -Ruby Redford
    If none of these appeal to you, go to your local library and ask a librarian for help.

ReputationRep:
    Despite everyone else’s amazing recommendations I think you should read The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. I’ve just finished it and can say once you start you can’t stop, just don’t go researching about the book incase u encounter spoilers. I hope u read it and if you do have funnn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kehkshan)
    Despite everyone else’s amazing recommendations I think you should read The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. I’ve just finished it and can say once you start you can’t stop, just don’t go researching about the book incase u encounter spoilers. I hope u read it and if you do have funnn.
    Yes, Agatha Christie is an mazing author. I am currently reading her book, 'Cat among the Pigeons' and it is really good. Jane Austen is also a good author, her books are also very good.

ReputationRep:
    if you are interested in animals & the environment then the Gerald Durrell books are just the ticket.

also his wonderful My Family & Other Animals which is set on the sun-kissed Island of Corfu.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.