I'm desperate for a book to read

Watch this thread
username2611153
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ok I've been looking for a good book to read for a while (I've been searching "good books for 15 year olds" 😂) Anyways I want a book that isn't childish. I also can't read anything that includes sex cause my mum will probably find out (I don't know how she does it). If anyone has recommendations please tell me
Lucy Rogers
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
If you're after a classic, I recommend The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton, or Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini is also very good x
PeaTea
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i mean, what genre of books do you read? it depends what you're going for lol

fantasy: name of the wind - patrick rothfuss (favourite book) OR pellinor series - alison croggon (favourite series) THESE BOOKS ARE LONG AND HELLA FANTASY I'M TALKING LOTR FANTASY LEVEL
sci/fi: ender's game - orson scott card (amazing book, deals w/ pretty complex politics for a 15yr old though)
thriller/crime: original sherlock holmes books? anything by agatha christie OR JAMES PATTERSON
horror: IT - stephen king ACTUALLY ANYTHING BY STEPHEN KING THE MAN'S A LEGEND
teen fic/YA novels: *cracks knuckles*
percy jackson
maximum ride
harry potter (natch)
twilight (books are better than films)
maze runner (same)

romance (but not sex): literally anything, just walk into the young adult section of a waterstones or WHSmiths and pick up like 3 books you'll be set tbh
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Moved to Books, literature and comics.
.Iqra.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
This trilogy is amazing
in order:
Fire
Graceling
Bitterblue
username2981082
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dani002002)
Ok I've been looking for a good book to read for a while (I've been searching "good books for 15 year olds" 😂) Anyways I want a book that isn't childish. I also can't read anything that includes sex cause my mum will probably find out (I don't know how she does it). If anyone has recommendations please tell me
I can tell you the books I read when I was 15.

Jane Eyre- by Charlotte Bronte
Wuthering Heights- by Emily Bronte
Chaos Walking Series- Patrick Ness
The Iliad- Homer
King Lear- William Shakespeare
I'm the King of the Castle- Susan Hill
The Woman in White- Wilkie Collins
The Turn of the Screw- Henry James
Dracula- Bram Stoker
Frankenstein- Mary Shelley
Anne of Green Gables- L.M Montgomery
Anna Karenina- Leo Tolstoy
The Picture of Dorian Gray- Oscar Wilde
To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
The Shining- Stephen King.
.Iqra.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Alex Fierro
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dani002002)
I'd recomend something aimed at Middle schoolers, stuff like that never has inappropriate scenes and most of it is suittable for all ages. Some of them have heavy emotion in them. Try Harry Potter or Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
username2883610
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm 15 and currently reading Red Queen. It's good so far so I recommend it. Here are my other recommendations:
Frozen Charlotte - Alex Bell
After the fire - Will Hill
See how they lie - Sue Wallman
Aileenzahra
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The kite runner by khaled hosseini
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Gone series? (as a general recommendation, its good but it does need the warning on the back, so maybe save this series for later on)
Girl Missing, Sister Missing, Missing Me - Sophie McKenzie
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Wonder by R.J Palacio
The Fault in Our Stars
username2406123
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
look for some Japanese horror and not manga but English translations, just Google Japanese horror novels.

If you like The Grudge and Ring and stuff, those were books first. Maybe look for novels made into movies you like 😊
username2406123
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Dani002002
username2611153
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks everyone for the suggestions I will try some of these out
harry_potter369
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
For a 15 year old I recommend the following books:
-The Harry Potter series
-Percy Jackson
-Girl missing series
-Blood ties
-Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility (if you are comfortable with classics)
-Maze runner series
-Ruby Redford
If none of these appeal to you, go to your local library and ask a librarian for help.
Kehkshan
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Despite everyone else’s amazing recommendations I think you should read The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. I’ve just finished it and can say once you start you can’t stop, just don’t go researching about the book incase u encounter spoilers. I hope u read it and if you do have funnn.
harry_potter369
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kehkshan)
Despite everyone else’s amazing recommendations I think you should read The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. I’ve just finished it and can say once you start you can’t stop, just don’t go researching about the book incase u encounter spoilers. I hope u read it and if you do have funnn.
Yes, Agatha Christie is an mazing author. I am currently reading her book, 'Cat among the Pigeons' and it is really good. Jane Austen is also a good author, her books are also very good.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
if you are interested in animals & the environment then the Gerald Durrell books are just the ticket.

also his wonderful My Family & Other Animals which is set on the sun-kissed Island of Corfu.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads