Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17. Male. Never had a relationship. Never held hands or kissed or anything further. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    This "focus on your studies" thing is just about the most depressing thing ever.

OP comes on here for advice - and that's the best you can all do?

A good lifestyle means not just doing one thing mindlessly. Come one - it's not as if A-levels are so rockhard that you can't do really well in them - and - shock horror do other things?

By this (astonishingly stupid) rationale, the OP will be at retirement age before realising any kind of intimacy. If A-levels are more important than poon - then surely his degree would be much more important. Then finding a job and working hard at it.
    He can focus on getting into a really good Uni. Then he’ll find that everything he missed at school will be available for him.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

well i'm 31 and never had any of those things

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't let a lack of intimacy negatively affect your state of mind especially at aged 17.
    I'm 33 and just finished an eight year enlistment in RN as an ETME and have at most had a women kiss me on my cheek/head. I am not unattractive and as arrogant as it sounds to brag about such a thing I once received a joke Captain's Award for most attractive crew member. Being in several ports with legal prostitution and buy-me bars the chances were there, for a price, I just didn't take them.
    As I recall, back in high school it was a big thing to lose your virginity so I understand the desire for it to some extent, but just don't expect anything life changing to happen after gaining intimacy. That being said, I'm positive there are apps for this sort of experience though? Though at aged 17 I am not sure if that is allowed?

Wrapping up,

• Don't worry about it.
    • You do you.

*I would like to point out that this is coming from a guy with the nickname CO Dense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    This "focus on your studies" thing is just about the most depressing thing ever.

OP comes on here for advice - and that's the best you can all do?

A good lifestyle means not just doing one thing mindlessly. Come one - it's not as if A-levels are so rockhard that you can't do really well in them - and - shock horror do other things?

By this (astonishingly stupid) rationale, the OP will be at retirement age before realising any kind of intimacy. If A-levels are more important than poon - then surely his degree would be much more important. Then finding a job and working hard at it.
    Nah - OP is making it seem like not having a gf at 17 is some sort of tragedy when it clearly isn't.

And imo in terms of how much time and energy you tend to give (depends on how you look at it)

A levels > Degree

But my advice for the OP would be to either hit the gym or consume alcohol - either increases confidence (the latter is quicker but you'd need to be 18)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsLife1)
    I’m an average looking guy. Tanned skin, green eyes, bit of a jawline but a big nose. 5ft 10 66kg.

Is this weird? Any tips?(from guys and girls, both sides helps a ton). All my friends are in relationships, or sleeping around. I’ve been close to a few girls before but I don’t have the confidence to take it any further. Even hugging girls I get nervous. But in general life I’m confident, joking around, exams etc, people even asking me how I’m confident with these things, but as soon as it comes to anything relationship related, that all goes

Anything helpful would be very appreciated!

all you need is some confidence

ReputationRep:
    You're not alone 😂 same situation here!
    I think that's it's completely natural and don't feel peer-pressured to get into a relationship! Just live your life, focus on your studies and the rest will fall into place 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexAleksandra)
    You're not alone 😂 same situation here!
    I think that's it's completely natural and don't feel peer-pressured to get into a relationship! Just live your life, focus on your studies and the rest will fall into place 👍
    Absolutely! Be sociable and talk to girls if you feel like it - just don’t go actively looking for someone to mate with you’re just distracting yourself.

ReputationRep:
    buy a doll from ToysRUS and hold hands with it. There.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsLife1)
    I’m an average looking guy. Tanned skin, green eyes, bit of a jawline but a big nose. 5ft 10 66kg.

Is this weird? Any tips?(from guys and girls, both sides helps a ton). All my friends are in relationships, or sleeping around. I’ve been close to a few girls before but I don’t have the confidence to take it any further. Even hugging girls I get nervous. But in general life I’m confident, joking around, exams etc, people even asking me how I’m confident with these things, but as soon as it comes to anything relationship related, that all goes

Anything helpful would be very appreciated!
    I’m 17 and female, and exactly the same. It’s just never really happened. Doesn’t mean I’m not interested, nor does it mean there’s anything wrong with this, just means we haven’t got there yet.

It’ll happen. Hopefully soon. I wish you all the luck. ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    Just be yourself, talk to girls like you talk to your male friends. Don't put them on a pedestal, they are just people.

Improve yourself, hit the gym, wear nice clothes, groom well, have a good hairstyle, have good posture.

Love yourself and be happy, do things that make you happy, partake in your hobbies, relax, be proud of the person you are, you have just got much right as everyone else.

You could try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs based on hobbies, through college/uni, through your network and approaching females.

I hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".

If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

9) Look outside!

Good luck
    I think this is the best post i've ever read on TSR.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.