Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Accidentally ran a red light Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    They usually always have a fluorescent yellow coating on the back panel (opposite to the side with the lens). Obviously, it's at the discretion of the installing/maintaining force, but in my experience, it's rather standard.
    Yes. They’re all a rather boring battleship grey.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    Yes. They’re all a rather boring battleship grey.
    Well yes, as are speed cameras for the most part; only certain panels have the fluorescent coating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleverboy1991)
    Hi OP

I asked a similar question about a week ago. I was in Blackpool to see illuminations and driving out to find a place to eat I was stopped at red lights.
    Suddenly I was very sure I saw lights turn green so I drove on through them. Only when unlooked back and could see the lights still on red and the cars still at a stop.

I consider it likely I may have gone through a red light. On top of the lights was a small black camera looking box with a red dot light on it.

I have since found out that the black box above the lights are not cameras, they are sensors to control the traffic flow. Unless there was a yellow box or something and you got flashed you should be fine.

Good luck, I hope it turns out well for us both
    My friend did a simular thing he said he stoped at the red light on blackpool road then he went thinking it had turned green but it had not it was still red in ribbleton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown follower)
    My friend did a simular thing he said he stoped at the red light on blackpool road then he went thinking it had turned green but it had not it was still red in ribbleton
    What happened afterwards ?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know what gonna happen was pretty recent
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown follower)
    i don't know what gonna happen was pretty recent
    Good 4 U

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.