Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you deal with your boss winking at you and making flirty comments? Watch

I don't want any trouble, I just want to be comfortable. He didn't always treat me like this, I want him to go back to the way he was before.

It wasn't just once either. He does it all the time now. Married man with kids.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Is there someone above him that you can report it too? You can't deal with that behaviour and he needs to be disciplined for it. He's probably doing it to others so he won't know it was you.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't want any trouble, I just want to be comfortable. He didn't always treat me like this, I want him to go back to the way he was before.

ReputationRep:
    Is your boss Harvey Weinstein?

ReputationRep:
    Report it to HR lol

ReputationRep:
    Just say "that's not cool, [John]".

I could possibly report it to the whistleblowing line but that makes me nervous because I don't want trouble. I just want him to stop.

(Original post by jagbalgmanhammed)
    Is your boss Harvey Weinstein?
    Lol not on that level. He hasn't touched me like that and hopefully never will.

ReputationRep:
    I could possibly report it to the whistleblowing line but that makes me nervous because I don't want trouble. I just want him to stop.
    It's not a whistleblow, it's a grievance (for sexual harassment).

ReputationRep:
    You have to report it , it is not something you can overlook
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't just once either. He does it all the time now. Married man with kids.
    Do you know whether he does it with other women? Start by talking about it with other employees that you trust. They will help you.

ReputationRep:
    There should be a procedure for complaints, either an HR person or an assistant manager, someone you can talk to and voice concerns that he's being inappropriate and you want him to stop
    You may not want to kick up a fuss, but if you don't say something now, one day he could do progress
    Also don't let them fob you off i.e. "i'm just friendly", " such and such doesn't mind".
    If it makes you feel uncomfortable then you every right to complain, no matter how small it is

(Original post by edd522)
    Do you know whether he does it with other women? Start by talking about it with other employees that you trust. They will help you.
    There is one who I could talk to. She was around when he was making inappropriate comments about my dress and looked uncomfortable as well. We get along really well and I trust her. I'll see how it goes.

(Original post by iElvendork)
    There should be a procedure for complaints, either an HR person or an assistant manager, someone you can talk to and voice concerns that he's being inappropriate and you want him to stop
    You may not want to kick up a fuss, but if you don't say something now, one day he could do progress
    Also don't let them fob you off i.e. "i'm just friendly", " such and such doesn't mind".
    If it makes you feel uncomfortable then you every right to complain, no matter how small it is
    True. I'm friendly with him yet never feel the need to comment on his body or the way he dresses in an inappropriate way then wink at him whenever he looks at me. He can't claim that it's just friendly. I will speak with my other colleague soon.

ReputationRep:
    You go all Rose McGowan on his dirty ARSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just let him do what he please
    Hey you get a pay rise out of it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.