Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long do people usually wait for there STI results? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have had a sti test done yesterday as a doctor put it in my head that I could have an STI, it is very unlikely as I have had one sexual partner and it has been my boyfriend for the past three years and this doctor will be getting a formal complaint placed against her for a few reasons. Anyways.. I was just wondering how long people usually wait and whether you can get results on a weekend? thanks

Depends on what kind of test, I've worked in a laboratory that does these tests it will usually take 3 days max for your doctor to get the results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashtroubles)
    Hi, I have had a sti test done yesterday as a doctor put it in my head that I could have an STI, it is very unlikely as I have had one sexual partner and it has been my boyfriend for the past three years and this doctor will be getting a formal complaint placed against her for a few reasons. Anyways.. I was just wondering how long people usually wait and whether you can get results on a weekend? thanks
    “This Doctor will be getting a formal complaint placed against her for a few reasons” - Okay, I have two points:

1.) Just because you’ve only had one sexual partner, doesn’t mean you are safe. Your boyfriend could have had other sexual partners in the past that could have passed something to him that is yet to be discovered. So, the doctor is probably checking just to make sure you’re safe.

2.) You may have viewed the doctor’s gesture for something negative as if she is judging you, because you have sex with your boyfriend hence the comment that she made about the possibility of having an STI. She probably just assumed it.

Either way, there’s nothing wrong with getting tested especially if you are having a lot of unprotected sex with your partner. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

As for your question, the results can take a week to come back.

ReputationRep:
    Just under a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Uniqueness)
    “This Doctor will be getting a formal complaint placed against her for a few reasons” - Okay, I have two points:

1.) Just because you’ve only had one sexual partner, doesn’t mean you are safe. Your boyfriend could have had other sexual partners in the past that could have passed something to him that is yet to be discovered. So, the doctor is probably checking just to make sure you’re safe.

2.) You may have viewed the doctor’s gesture for something negative as if she is judging you, because you have sex with your boyfriend hence the comment that she made about the possibility of having an STI. She probably just assumed it.

Either way, there’s nothing wrong with getting tested especially if you are having a lot of unprotected sex with your partner. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

As for your question, the results can take a week to come back.
    Okay, I have said for a few reasons because I have been suffering with a medical condition that has left me partially paralysed and bed bound . The reason I visited In the first place was suspected appendicitis and she didn't even give me an examination of any sort. She blamed another condition. It wasn't until I visited hospital I was able to be examined. This doctor told me my symptoms was due to an STI. She didn't listen to me or anything. She based it off my age and the fact I'm sexually active and for that reason I am reporting her. I am however waiting for confirmation of a diagnosis before filing a report.

In response to your points, 1) I am aware of the possibilities of not being safe and that no one can trust anyone 100% these days but I am his first and only and if he has been unfaithful I will cross that bridge when I come to it. 2) I do not think I am being out of terms in my views of how she has treat me and do 100% stick by its better to be safe than sorry thats why I thought I would get tested just incase she may have been on to something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Depends on what kind of test, I've worked in a laboratory that does these tests it will usually take 3 days max for your doctor to get the results.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arneldfad)
    Just under a week.
    Thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.