The Student Room Group

Cambridge Choice was switched to Oxford - Help!

I applied to study Law at Cambridge - or that's what I thought.

For reasons unknown to me, UCAS send me an email, the first which stated my choice which included Cambridge; then a send set of choices where Cambridge was replaced with Oxford.

The issue is that Oxford requires us to take the LNAT by the 20th October, a test which I am currently not in a position to take.

Is there anything I can do to reverse this? - is that even a possibility at this stage?

All I did was select Cambridge as my choice - not Oxford. This took place within 48 hours of submitting my UCAS application - it's been almost 2 days since I've submitted my application.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AAzise

For reasons unknown to me, UCAS send me an email, the first which stated my choice which included Cambridge; then a send set of choices where Cambridge was replaced with Oxford.

The issue is that Oxford requires us to take the LNAT by the 20th October, a test which I am currently not in a position to take.

Is there anything I can do to reverse this? - is that even a possibility at this stage?

All I did was select Cambridge as my choice - not Oxford. This took place within 48 hours of submitting my UCAS application - it's been almost 2 days since I've submitted my application.

that's so strange, but in answer to your question, I think if you login to track you should be able to change it back to cambridge (and you should do this quickly as the SAQ is due soon) :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by surina16
that's so strange, but in answer to your question, I think if you login to track you should be able to change it back to cambridge (and you should do this quickly as the SAQ is due soon) :smile:

tried, it says that I "cannot apply to both Oxford And Cambridge".

Shoudl I submit the SAQ anyway?
Reply 3
What were your five UCAS choices? It is indeed the case that you cannot apply to both Cambridge and Oxford.
Reply 4
Original post by surina16

I'm not sure you can change it to Cambridge, if the deadline for Cambridge was the 15th October.
Reply 5
If I were you I'd ring up UCAS first thing in the morning and tell them your situation.
Reply 6
Original post by AAzise

What are your choices on Track?
Reply 7
Original post by AAzise
tried, it says that I "cannot apply to both Oxford And Cambridge".

Shoudl I submit the SAQ anyway?

You can only submit an SAQ if Cambridge send you the link to it. Have you received anything from Cambridge, or Oxford for that matter,
Reply 8
Original post by Doonesbury
What are your choices on Track?

Cambridge
Kings College London
UCL
Bristol
LSE

This was shown from UCAS Track in my first email

Then i got an email stating that my choices were

Oxford (2019 entry - ???)
King's College London
UCL
Bristol
LSE
Reply 9
Original post by Zacken
I'm not sure you can change it to Cambridge, if the deadline for Cambridge was the 15th October.

I already had cambridge as a choice, according to the email I received from UCAS track before the deadline - all this happended abou 12 hours after the deadline.
Original post by AAzise
Cambridge
Kings College London
UCL
Bristol
LSE

King's College London
UCL
Bristol
LSE

If you had an email from ucas stating you applied to Cambridge, and then the next one said oxford then it’s entirely ucas’s fault so give them a call and get them to fix it ASAP! You shouldn’t have anything to worry about - sounds like a processing error
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by AAzise
Cambridge
Kings College London
UCL
Bristol
LSE

King's College London
UCL
Bristol
LSE

If Track is still showing Cambridge then you appear to be ok. But call UCAS asap....

Weird...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Doonesbury
If Track is still showing Cambridge then you appear to be ok. But call UCAS asap....

Weird...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Track isn't showing that I applied to Cambridge now.

Apparently I "sibstitutued" that option for Oxford.....
Reply 13
Original post by AAzise

Call UCAS now!
(Good luck!)
Original post by AAzise

Did you leave your Track account logged in on any shared computer?

Is there a chance that the email account that UCAS sent your Track login details to was hacked?

If you definitely didn't substitute the choice then someone has. You need to talk to UCAS and Cambridge/Oxford ASAP to find out what happened and if it is possible to remedy it.

Quick Reply

Latest