Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    an air plane took off the ground and announced that they will reach their destination at different time depending on the speed of the wind. it can fly at speed of F mph (F=1095 miles) with wind. but the wind changes direction it can go only S mph (S=750 miles). the speed of the plane in still air is 850 mph. write pseudo code to find the speed of the wind. how long will it take for the plane if the wind increased to 60 mph and the distance is 4000 miles. the plane goes with wind and reaches before schedule time.
    equations:
    F=(200+w)t, F is the distance when the plane is going fast
    S=(200-w)t, Sis the distance when the plane goes slow
    you need to input the values of F and S for the second part you calculate t
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris Vu)
    an air plane took off the ground and announced that they will reach their destination at different time depending on the speed of the wind. it can fly at speed of F mph (F=1095 miles) with wind. but the wind changes direction it can go only S mph (S=750 miles). the speed of the plane in still air is 850 mph. write pseudo code to find the speed of the wind. how long will it take for the plane if the wind increased to 60 mph and the distance is 4000 miles. the plane goes with wind and reaches before schedule time.
    equations:
    F=(200 w)t, F is the distance when the plane is going fast
    S=(200-w)t, Sis the distance when the plane goes slow
    you need to input the values of F and S for the second part you calculate t
    The plane is supersonic? Are you sure you have that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    The plane is supersonic? Are you sure you have that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what my professor wrote
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    That's what my professor wrote
    Hmmm, a bit strange but ok.

And MPH not KPH?

And what did they tell you about pseudocode?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Hmmm, a bit strange but ok.

And MPH not KPH?

And what did they tell you about pseudocode?
    yes it is in MPH and my professor didn't really teach us how to properly do it all i know is that it Pseudocode for c++ and really basic like begin, end, if,end if , while, end while, compute, etc...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    yes it is in MPH and my professor didn't really teach us how to properly do it all i know is that it Pseudocode for c++ and really basic like begin, end, if,end if , while, end while, compute, etc...
    That's all you need. But do the maths first. I haven't checked it but it doesn't sound quite right.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.